·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts

link works but automatically puts screwed up description on posts on this site

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Doo tunnel mount for the assault. Only way to go in my opinion. Reverseable, and replaceable tips. They throw tons of snow. View attachment 2134478
View attachment 2134477
Doo tunnel mount for the assault. Only way to go in my opinion. Reverseable, and replaceable tips. They throw tons of snow. View attachment 2134478
View attachment 2134477
just watched the video with the ski doo with theses installed and now can see how they really work. Excellent video and will likely go this route. I was concerned they where too far back but now see they sprayed the inside of the track well. They mount very nice and deactivate without rail damage. I understand you can replace tips also. Do you recall the ski doo part number? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Depends on what your looking for with scratchers. We have literally tried every style, location etc... Cable ones are useless for super hard conditions, but in hard snow work ok. Always have had best luck with regular spring types, Ski Doo floor board mounts are great on the assault. After season (took long time to come in), I mounted ski Doo style on with one rig design mounts, never got to try them, but have seen them in action and work just as well as the ole sta cools that I swore by!

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,059 Posts
Do you have a ski doo part number for scratchers? Thanks for the pick, it looks like a clean install
Practically a direct swap on the Assault. BRP part #860201516
The hook for stowing the scratcher needs a little tweaking to mount nicely, but other than that it's a simple install. I kept these from my Axys Assault.

·
Registered
20 Khaos 850, 21 EVO and 22 Assault 850
380 Posts
Do you have a ski doo part number for scratchers? Thanks for the pick, it looks like a clean install
Part number 860201728-2
There is a guy on you tube that added the carbide tips to his worn spring scratchers like this model. Plan to do that when mine eventually wear out.

·
Premium Member
2022 XCR 850
2,725 Posts
This past winter we had sled with tunnel mount scratchers and cable scratchers.
Ran into hard trail conditions and tunnel mounts ran close to 160 cables ran 100.
Strange how one way works for some and not for others?
But whatever works they need them!!!
If buying cables duraflex in my experience works the best.
Wish they’d come out with factory mounts!!!!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Bicycle Tire Crankset Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Ran these last season, worked extremely well until we hit frozen trails. The up had warm weather coming so they were pushing road banks back and anywhere the trail ran along road theyhad huge frozen clumps in trail. These broke springs whether they were up or down. Ibexx replaced springs no problem but if you need them and the break they are not much good.

·
Premium Member
2022 XCR 850
2,725 Posts
Are those short or long version?
I tried short ones last year and that heavy tip will destroy your rails in short order!
Keep close eye on them!

·
Registered
818 Posts
View attachment 2134501 View attachment 2134503 View attachment 2134504

Ran these last season, worked extremely well until we hit frozen trails. The up had warm weather coming so they were pushing road banks back and anywhere the trail ran along road theyhad huge frozen clumps in trail. These broke springs whether they were up or down. Ibexx replaced springs no problem but if you need them and the break they are not much good.
I replaced my broken Doo spring scratchers with Ibexx last season. I only used them once but they seemed to do the job. Temps came down using them. I don't understand why Ibexx has you mount them with the "spring" wound in the opposite direction of the Ski-Doo spring scratchers? I guess I think that it would create more ground action and pressure, but I wonder if it makes them more susceptible to breaking mounted this way?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I replaced my broken Doo spring scratchers with Ibexx last season. I only used them once but they seemed to do the job. Temps came down using them. I don't understand why Ibexx has you mount them with the "spring" wound in the opposite direction of the Ski-Doo spring scratchers? I guess I think that it would create more ground action and pressure, but I wonder if it makes them more susceptible to breaking mounted this way?
I used them the season before last and had no issues what so ever and like you temps ran 90’s to low 100’s. We we’re running on extremely hard trail so probably had a lot to do with it. They run coils like that because when you are running in forward direction it is twisting spring into mounts as they are threaded into mounts when installing them. I think if they were mounted opposite they would loosen up.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Are those short or long version?
I tried short ones last year and that heavy tip will destroy your rails in short order!
Keep close eye on them!
These are long version. As you can see in picture I used ibexx mount so I can quickly swap out if not happy. Still have ibexx on 21 as they worked very well the first season on 21.

·
Registered
22 850 SBA 2.0 track
21 Posts
View attachment 2134505
Going to try these next season. Going to mount P clamp to rail for storage.
These seem to deploy when driven "inspired" without wanting it. On smooth trails, no problem, but when trails are bad and an occasional jump they do not stay in place. It's the edge of the track that forces them up I think. Thats my experience with them.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
These seem to deploy when driven "inspired" without wanting it. On smooth trails, no problem, but when trails are bad and an occasional jump they do not stay in place. It's the edge of the track that forces them up I think. Thats my experience with them.
I have even had ibexx do that so no biggie. Like I said I am going to put a P clamp on rail for storage. They fit tight in the clamp so hopefully the stay put?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Agreed, even the rail mount spring style scratchers will self deploy if you hit a rut or something solid on the side of a trail. Not a perfect world when travelling by snow machine on hard pan conditions.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts