Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for maybe a repeat of request but , who makes the best for the new assault? Don’t care price range just the one that does what it’s supposed to do. I’ve seen so many but have zero experience with them. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2022 XCR 850
2,725 Posts
With xcr 136 doo scratchers seem too far back and do not seem to work as well as cable type scratchers.
Longer track sleds they may work better but shorter track sleds no good.
Depends also what type of snow your on.
Hands down dura flex are the best you can buy!
We’ve tested many different types!!
Only issue is that I need to come up with better way to protect rails!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
one rig designs has some nice rail adapters that do not require drilling rails for either cable or spring scratchers.

Mike

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
373 Posts
Doo tunnel mount for the assault. Only way to go in my opinion. Reverseable, and replaceable tips. They throw tons of snow.
+1 on these. I have them on my 128 XCR AXYS. They kick up a ton of snow. Most times I only need one and the bonus is I don't even have to stop to deploy. Just lean back and flip one down (or both) and you are good to go.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 on these. I have them on my 128 XCR AXYS. They kick up a ton of snow. Most times I only need one and the bonus is I don't even have to stop to deploy. Just lean back and flip one down (or both) and you are good to go.
. Just curious as to how they get snow to the front area of skid when mounted and deployed towards the rear?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Doo tunnel mount for the assault. Only way to go in my opinion. Reverseable, and replaceable tips. They throw tons of snow. View attachment 2134478
View attachment 2134477
I'm going to try those out next time I need some. I have the doo rail scratchers. Work well but wear quickly with no carbide or hardened tip.

They shouldn't lose their down pressure like the cable ones and I don't see how the ones in your picture would beat up the rails at all.

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
373 Posts
. Just curious as to how they get snow to the front area of skid when mounted and deployed towards the rear?
I just ran these for the first time last year and my experience with them was that they throw up a lot of snow and the track pulls alot of it forwards and coats the entire skid nicely. Brings temps down immediately.

These and Vespel sliders will be a good combo.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I'm going to try those out next time I need some. I have the doo rail scratchers. Work well but wear quickly with no carbide or hardened tip.

They shouldn't lose their down pressure like the cable ones and I don't see how the ones in your picture would beat up the rails at all.
Grind/cut the head off of a stud. Tack weld that stud to the worn rail scratcher end. Rinse, repeat. The problem I had with tunnel scratchers is they get under your track on the outside if you make a sharp turn, they flex inward alot!

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,640 Posts
Only issue is that I need to come up with better way to protect rails!!
This protects the rail where they sit when not in use, but plenty of things still kick up and mark the rails. Just an old garden hose cut in half and zip tied. Not the prettiest but it works.
Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just ran these for the first time last year and my experience with them was that they throw up a lot of snow and the track pulls alot of it forwards and coats the entire skid nicely. Brings temps down immediately.

These and Vespel sliders will be a good combo.
Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
2022 XCR 850
2,725 Posts
This protects the rail where they sit when not in use, but plenty of things still kick up and mark the rails. Just an old garden hose cut in half and zip tied. Not the prettiest but it works.
View attachment 2134487
Yep that’s what I use but when down they have tendency to bang side of rails.
I carry tie wraps and tie them up.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts