Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Had a driveshaft failure that snapped off in the chain case of my 1997 zrt600. The reverse gear is really chewed up. What do I have to remove reverse from that sled? Just remove the gears that were added, different length chain? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Get the stck gears, its 23top and 40 bottom and a new chain. Im not sure if they use the same top sprocket with the reverse or not, but if it is all you need is the bottom and a new chain. take out all the reverse stuff and you might need a manual adjuster. Or you can leave the self adjusting adjuster.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I ditched reverse on mine and went with 20/39 gears and a roller cover off a 97 (I think) ZR 440. I love the lower ratio, and mine actually goes fast with the lower gears and my setup.

You will just have to monkey with the stud where the idler is attached, mine broke off so I just plugged it, and put silicone on top of it.

The second pic is from someone on this site I believe, I wish I could give credit.

My pic is the one with the orange silicone.

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. Basically I'm looking for the cheapest way out. How much do you think it will cost to get the stock gears? Prob cheaper than that reverse gear, lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
I got my gears used at a salvage yard. You will need a regular cover and I would recommend a new chain.

You could just get a regular bottom gear and throw it in if you want.

I got a new chain because I dropped from a 72 to a 70

·
Registered
442 Posts
Check e-bay. item #4576893301. You can e-mail the guy, he's probablly got what you need..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Would you want to sell everything you have as a set with the dammaged gears? Maybe trade for a chaincase with gears that is complete and working fine out of a zrt?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts