Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know somewhere on here someons mentioned this before but I cant seem to find it. I want to couple my rear arm on the 2000 zrt 800 I just purchased and I know I can buy the kit from ad bovin but I also have a 02 ZL 800 and the person who owned it before me had purchased cat parts to change it over to a coupled rear arm.. I believe it is a different rear arm and then stopper blocks. ANyone know what part numbers I need to order?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
i don't think you need a different arm, just have to install the blocks,
but say bye bye to your hole shot.
also the bovin kit does a great job of beating up the rails and sicisor (sp?)arm

night and day on the trails thuo.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by 3holercat@Sep 3 2005, 11:11 AM
i don't think you need a different arm, just have to install the blocks,
but say bye bye to your hole shot.
also the bovin kit does a great job of beating up the rails and sicisor (sp?)arm

night and day on the trails thuo.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859610
[/quote]

I have an AD bovin kit sitting on the ZRT that ma son and I just fooked up.. I know I can pull it off and add it to the newer ZRT but I wanted to do it right.. and I have heard the bovin kit ends up breaking the plastic arms that it comes with. As for the rear arm, they say you should replace it with a different one that has a bracket welded to it to hit up against the rubber stoppers... the stock one is not very flat on the back.. it needs a flat area for the stoppers to hit against. I supose I can weld up a flat brace.. I do have this setup installed on the 02 ZL I just purchased.. I can always remove my rear arm and copy what the factory does very easily. I still would like the part numbers though... especialy for the stoppers. ANYONE?????

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have the CAT kit which has a different arm. Takes the kick out on the
trail. You have to work on the overall set-up to restore the hole shot.
Its pretty easy to remove the blocks for racing or deeper snow. The blocks
hold down the front.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by user2@Sep 3 2005, 06:51 PM
I have the CAT kit which has a different arm. Takes the kick out on the
trail. You have to work on the overall set-up to restore the hole shot.
Its pretty easy to remove the blocks for racing or deeper snow. The blocks
hold down the front.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859960
[/quote]

Part numbers???

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
any dealer should be able to get it for you (dont know the number off my head) the kit includes a new rear arm (both pieces) drill templates, blocks, and hardware.

Krom

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have found the part numbers you need to do this yourself. I was told the "kit" was around $120.00 or so. I looked up a 2004 snowpro and found all the parts listed.

Here is the info for anyone else that wants to do this mod. keep in mind you need 2 of everything listed except the rear arm.

2604-545 BLOCK, REAR ARM COUPLER $5.75

2604-046 BUSHING, REAR ARM COUPLER $5.75

8041-486 NUT, HEX - THIN SL 3/8-16 Z&Y $0.13

8005-676 SCREW, CAP-HSH 3/8-16X1.75 $1.86

0623-044 WSHR,FLAT HARD .375 X.875 $0.22

1704-019 ARM, REAR-MACH-BLK (04 PROD) $32.79

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,817 Posts
I use mine for both lake drag racing and trail riding, how easy is it to disable the coupling?

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,817 Posts
Just bought one on eBay for $70 - complete AC kit. :div20:
I hope it was the right decision... :dunno:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by rlh6805@Sep 28 2005, 01:58 PM
Just bought one on eBay for $70 - complete AC kit.   :div20:
  I hope it was the right decision... :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=897489
[/quote]

If it is the cat kit you have 3 settings on the blocks for different variations of coupling. If it is the original cat kit you can just use a 6mm hex wrench to remove the adjusting blocks and your uncoupled. If it is the kit made by AD bovin it is a LOT harder to remove. You will have to remove the rear arm to remove the couplers.

I have the cat kit on my sleds but I have owned a sled with the bovin kit as well. if you got the cat kit you will be happier.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,817 Posts
Originally posted by 1BigCat@Sep 28 2005, 11:10 PM
If it is the cat kit you have 3 settings on the blocks for different variations of coupling. If it is the original cat kit you can just use a 6mm hex wrench to remove the adjusting blocks and your uncoupled. If it is the kit made by AD bovin it is a LOT harder to remove. You will have to remove the rear arm to remove the couplers.

I have the cat kit on my sleds but I have owned a sled with the bovin kit as well. if you got the cat kit you will be happier.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=898503
[/quote]

Yes, it is the AC kit, pt# 2639-231. :luxhello: :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congrats. You will notice with the kit installed you will not be able to yank the ski's though.. its a tradeoff. Corner on rails or have a wheelie machine. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts