Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the middle pipe on my 96 zrt 600 the center pipe has a rattle to it . is there anything inside it , baffles,plates ? I dont want to just start cutting on it . tia Mark

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
pipes are completely hollow. the can has baffels. did you take pipe off yet? bet you'll find your friendly mouse/chipmunk left a few nuts there for later. or worse yet a chunk of broken pistons skirt. it's been a long time, but i think theres a support bracket for the bottom of the center pipe that mite be loose.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes ,I had it off ,hit it and it sounds like a piece of loose (yet held in place by something )sheetmetal in there .no mice or rodents of any kind ,nor is it the piston skirt but thanks for trying ! when I hit the pipe with my hand there is a reverberation inside, just not a loose piece .might just have to do some exploratory surgery as the noise it makes is intollerable :dunno:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I cut a section out of my buds 1997 ZRT 600 sled last winter for the same reason.There is another thin piece of metal in the pipe that has come loose.I used a cut off tool with a fine blade and cut a section out of the under side of his pipe and migged the section back in after tacking the loose piece first.

·
Registered
912 Posts
yes ,I had it off ,hit it and it sounds like a piece of loose (yet held in place by something )sheetmetal in there .no mice or rodents of any kind ,nor is it the piston skirt but thanks for trying ! when I hit the pipe with my hand there is a reverberation inside, just not a loose piece .might just have to do some exploratory surgery as the noise it makes is intollerable :dunno:[/b]
Do any of your mechanic friends or electricians have a bore scope that you could use? I have one but I am sure you are a ways a way. Saves you frome cutting up a pipe.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I cut some holes in it with the matabo , secured the loose inner piece and tacked it in quite a few places then welded the pipe back up . no more rattles . thanks all for the help :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts