Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this sled used has D&D pipes which have a silencer for each pipe not sure which pipes they are. Has power breather and D&D clutch kit with 1280helix 1060 weights and green spring with purple secondary spring. Has delta vforce2 reeds also.
Looking for opinions on proper jetting hopefully from someone with same setup

:div20: :fluffy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Hi :smiley-faces7:
Off topic but I just picked up a power breather and wonder if you will post a picture from the front of the motor. I am looking at whrer to mount my coils.
I have a 1999 ZRT with 900 cyls on it .Stock airbox & pipes . 3 deg timing key.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
I have the same sled :div20: . My pipes look the same as well, along with the power breather. I have the vforce 3's in mine. I am not sure what weights I have, but I know I have a teal primary spring, and I think my secondary is black. I will have the sled home in a week or so to verify.

Edit - I am running 450 mains right now, but will be removing the cones in tha airbox and going to a 460 this year. It had 470's in it when I bought it, but it was too rich.

I guess I didnt really help with the clutching...lol....but I will post up what I have when I get it home!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Jetting will also matter if the sled had the update kit performed or not. My sled has not had the updates so that is why the jetting is so high. From what I have read, the CDI I have is the same as the 98 and is supposedly the most agressive one for the sled. I THINK the number on the CDI box is CU-2545. Any arctic cat dealer should be able to tell you if the updates were done though. Hope this helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,782 Posts
CDI box 2545 is the updated one.

ZR6002C, clean that foam filter on the top of the box!!! Just unclip the frame and rinse the filter in water and shake it out....

I have similar pipes on my 1100. My pipes are the 1107 pipes.
I run 490 mains on my 1100!!

99zrt800, every sled is different, jet it up like you wanted then check your piston wash after your first ride.

Remember, these sleds like fuel!

BTW, nice sled!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info evreyone! I will have to check my CDI box number. The power breather foam is pretty ratty would like to put in new any recomendations? :div20:


Here is the best shot I have of the front of air box hope it helps.
 

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
Joined
·
3,817 Posts
Here is how I mounted my coils/cdi on my 2000. I did it this way so I could remove the air box w/o having to remove the coils. All I have to do is un-snap the Powerbreather cover and move it out of the way, and I have lot of room to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,782 Posts
very interesting Rob, I have to change my sled back from asphalt setup soon, as I have no airbox in right now. I will have to consider putting my cdi and coils on top like you did!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Originally posted by 87gtNOS@Oct 6 2005, 09:27 PM
CDI box 2545 is the updated one.

ZR6002C, clean that foam filter on the top of the box!!!  Just unclip the frame and rinse the filter in water and shake it out....

I have similar pipes on my 1100.  My pipes are the 1107 pipes. 
I run 490 mains on my 1100!!

99zrt800, every sled is different, jet it up like you wanted then check your piston wash after your first ride.

Remember, these sleds like fuel!

BTW, nice sled!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=913694
[/quote]

Everything I have read says that the CU2542 is the original CDI, and not the updated one. When I called the dealer last year, they told me my sled did not have the updates done and this was the original CDI. I just want to be sure.

On the silencer of my pipes, it says d&d 1107 if I remember correctly on one of the support braces.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,782 Posts
cool!! The 1107 pipes are perhaps the most sought after pipes for these sleds!!

I do however think the pipes themselves are not the 1107 big bore pipes, just the regular trail pipes, and that the silencers are just interchangable. Your pipes have different badging and perhaps shape than mine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
I will get a pic of my pipes when I get her home and in the garage, but I think your correct that the can is the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well pulled carbs off to clean sled has the CU 2545 CDI so I am taking it is the original. Sled has 400 main jet, 35 pilot jet and 2.0 cutaways. Which matches the 99 carb specs in the performance manual.
It appears no update done.
I found a powerbreather install sheet says use 390-410 mains 3.0 cutaway 25 pilot and needle clip in 3rd slot.
Somebody tell me if I am thinking wrong since this sled was pig rich out of box 3.0 cutaways and 25 pilot will be leaning correct? You will also be adding fuel by lowering needle clip?

I guess my concern would be being too lean. 450 mains seems quite a leap.
99zrt hows your plugs look at that setting?

This is off of D&D tech page


99 ZRT 800 JETTING SPECS ,0-20 DEGREES @ 1000 FT Message Entered On (10/23/1999 8:07:47 AM)
STOCK MOTOR WITH POWERBREATHER.....25 PILOTS,,3/4 TURN ON FUEL SCREW,,NEEDLE 3RD CLIP,,3.0 SLIDES,,380-400 MAIN JETS,,RUN MOTOR FROM 8000-8250 RPM'S



99 ZRT 800 UPDATE KIT Message Entered On (3/5/2000 7:31:14 AM)
IF YOU INSTALL THE UPDATE KIT FROM ARCTIC-CAT WITH D&D PIPES/POWERBREATHER YOU SHOULD NOW RUN 410/430 MAINS @ 1000FT ALT.AND RUN MOTOR AT 8750 RPMS.FOR CLUTCHING CHANGE TO ORANGE/GREEN SPRING,1060 ARMS,DD12080 HELIX.


I had a 99 zr 600 it was filthy pig rich 6mpg if I was lucky. Just trying to find a happy medium. I know the zrt800 likes fuel which is alright as long as it isn't too rich. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
Joined
·
3,817 Posts
Originally posted by 87gtNOS@Oct 7 2005, 08:28 AM
very interesting Rob, I have to change my sled back from asphalt setup soon, as I have no airbox in right now.  I will have to consider putting my cdi and coils on top like you did!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914161
[/quote]

Just to let you know, I cut and fited a piece of plexiglass to the underside of the PB cover for extra support. I used all of the stock mounting hardware too, and it seems to work out really well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Originally posted by zr6002@Oct 8 2005, 10:17 PM
Well pulled carbs off to clean sled has the CU 2545 CDI so I am taking it is the original. Sled has 400 main jet, 35 pilot jet and 2.0 cutaways. Which matches the 99 carb specs in the performance manual.
    It appears no update done.
    I found a powerbreather install sheet says use 390-410 mains 3.0 cutaway 25 pilot and needle clip in 3rd slot.
    Somebody tell me if I am thinking wrong since this sled was pig rich out of box 3.0 cutaways and 25 pilot will be leaning correct? You will also be adding fuel by lowering needle clip?

  I guess my concern would be being too lean. 450 mains seems quite a leap.
99zrt hows your plugs look at that setting?
 
This is off of D&D tech page
99 ZRT 800 JETTING SPECS ,0-20 DEGREES @ 1000 FT  Message Entered On (10/23/1999 8:07:47 AM)
STOCK MOTOR WITH POWERBREATHER.....25 PILOTS,,3/4 TURN ON FUEL SCREW,,NEEDLE 3RD CLIP,,3.0 SLIDES,,380-400 MAIN JETS,,RUN MOTOR FROM 8000-8250 RPM'S
99 ZRT 800 UPDATE KIT Message Entered On (3/5/2000 7:31:14 AM)
IF YOU INSTALL THE UPDATE KIT FROM ARCTIC-CAT WITH D&D PIPES/POWERBREATHER YOU SHOULD NOW RUN 410/430 MAINS @ 1000FT ALT.AND RUN MOTOR AT 8750 RPMS.FOR CLUTCHING CHANGE TO ORANGE/GREEN SPRING,1060 ARMS,DD12080 HELIX.
I had a 99 zr 600 it was filthy pig rich 6mpg if I was lucky. Just trying to find a happy medium. I know the zrt800 likes fuel which is alright as long as it isn't too rich.  :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917275
[/quote]

My plugs are a nice carboard like color with the 450's. The sled had 470's in it when I got it, and it still ran hard on the top end, just a little too rich. I will check what slides and pilots I have when I get it home this weekend as well. I am going to check the D&D page to see if they have any settings for 99 ZRT without the update kit with pipes/powerbreather. There is alot of good info in this post so far though.......
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top