Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 ZRT800 and I think the stator is bad or the CDI. It is only running on 2 cylinders. It had good compression too. I swapped my cdi over and my stator over to a set from a 1998 ZRT800 that I purchased as backups. It runs great now, but I am worried that I do not have the plug in on the carbs plugged in. Correct me if I am wrong on this, if I am using a stator and cdi out of an older sled I really dont need that plug in pluged in do I? Doesnt that just tell the CDI unit what position the slides are in so the CDI can correct timing? If you are not using a CDI or Stator out of the newer sled wont it just work as it would in the 98 ZRT which did not have the sensor?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Originally posted by ZRTWanaB@Sep 7 2005, 01:21 PM
I have a 2000 ZRT800 and I think the stator is bad or the CDI. It is only running on 2 cylinders. It had good compression too. I swapped my cdi over and my stator over to a set from a 1998 ZRT800  that I purchased as backups. It runs great now, but I am worried that I do not have the plug in on the carbs plugged in. Correct me if I am wrong on this, if I am using a stator and cdi out of an older sled I really dont need that plug in pluged in do I? Doesnt that just tell the CDI unit what position the slides are in so the CDI can correct timing? If you are not using a CDI or Stator out of the newer sled wont it just work as it would in the 98 ZRT which did not have the sensor?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864239
[/quote]

Yes I think you are correct on this. If you completely change the stator, flywheel, the stator mounting plate, the coils and CDI and the pickup then you should not have any issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.