Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my recoil detonate within the housing, suck up the recoil cable into the housing, and the machine died, sounded electrical. I removed the pieces and put a new recoil on, no spark. Figured the stator/timing sensor got damaged, didn't want to mess around with it buying parts and trying, took it to a local dealer up north. It's been 3.5 weeks and he's gotten no where, says my stator test fine, and the timing sensor test fine, unplugged the harness to make sure nothing else was wrong, no spark, he said CDI, but he didn't have one, so I sent him one. Still NO Spark, at this point, I'm not sure what the issue could be, is it possible for the stator to test good and still not spark? How about the timing sensor? The Flywheel? I seem to know more about this topic then the dealer, so I'm losing confidence, this simple issue has cost me almost a month.

·
Registered
25 Posts
last season i spent hours going through the complete ignition sys looking for no spark after changing fuel lines, turned out to be water in the connector under the recoil tube. everything tested fine individually but it must have been shorting something out when plugged in.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to plug a jumper into the brown/black wires down by the stator. You will see a plug with 2 yellow, 1 brown, 1 black.

I was going to post a picture but I can't get the old thread to work that we discussed it in. I took a picture of it when I tested it. Here was the thread http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...howtopic=222933[/b]
This is a 2001, I don't think you need jumpers on it to test the stator. Anyway, I would hope the dealer would know that. This has no spark whatsoever, it appeared your problem was the carbs.

·
Registered
847 Posts
^ Yes the carbs were my problem but I was diagnosing it. I needed to know if it was my CDI or my Stator giving me problems.

By jumping them wires your diagnosing. If you jump them and have spark you've eliminated the CDI, and Stator as being the problem.

I thought I had a picture of it in that thread. I was wrong. Still trying to find the damn thing.

Good luck.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, although the timing sensor tested out properly, replacing it with another solved the issue. So if anybody is needing a CDI for a 01 ZRT 600, I have an extra one that I can sell off.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
last season i spent hours going through the complete ignition sys looking for no spark after changing fuel lines, turned out to be water in the connector under the recoil tube. everything tested fine individually but it must have been shorting something out when plugged in.[/b]
I had a similar problem but erratic misfireing. Turned out to be that same connection. Any ignition problems on a zrt 600 I'd look there first. I eneded up slightly rerouting it and tightned the factory cover for it as tight as I could. Its just bacicly a black velcro pouch you wrap around it...mine was loose and did have water in it.

Good post man!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts