Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's my understanding they are two totally different chassis. I know engine weight is a large factor but I've ridden a '99 ZRT 6 and an '02 ZR 500 back to back and I LOVE the handling of the ZR much more. I was certain it was more than just the plastics.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
there is a 98 zr for sale on e-bay that was supposedly from black magic racing and a special they built with a zrt 600 mill.........sled still set up for a triple but the motor is gone..............i agree that the weight difference is the biggest difference in handling but pulling up to someone on an all green zr and shocking them with the grunt of a well tuned triple would be cool.........then again a 1000 triple pantera with a panther hood :augen41:

·
Registered
445 Posts
yes the zr chassis will take the tripple even a 1000 the bulkhead is already marked for the mounts they just have to be drilled out.need to get different pipes though jaws makes a set for the conversion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.