Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy has a 05 sdi 1000,we ran a few times and i got him every time.the 900 pulls harded in the midrange but we never got much over 100.Now he said his would do 121 i highly doubt that.Anybody know what the machz will run?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
LONG LIVE KING ZR9!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I ahve both a ZR900 and a renegade 1000, and the Gade can kick the crap out my 900,Iv'e gps'd it at 119. My 900 eats F7's, as it should, the gade hasa goodwin clutch kit and mach Z gearing and a can...Take it for waht its worth, but the Doo breaks down 20 times more than the Cat......

·
Registered
307 Posts
My deck is a little stacked since I'm ported and twin piped, but I beat a supposedly dialed in Mach 1000 and it wasn't even close. I also raced a renagade this weekend and that was REAL bad.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
You guys must be running some pretty bad Mach Zs. A good running Mach Z will run mid 120s and hang right with any Thundercat out there. I ran my Mach today against 2 Thundercats and a ZR 900 one Thundercat was stock just clutched and the other one was ported, reeds, timing key, and head cut. I destroyed the ZR900, and the stock Tcat. The ported one would run side by side with me and we ran about 3000 ft on glare ice. The stock Thundercat would walk right away from the ZR900. I have to admit there are a lot of terrible running Mach Zs out there but when you find one that runs right they are real fast.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the mach is all stock,mine has a 10.4 clutch and that is it.
In the trails the mach is a tank.
He said his radared at 121 last year.I have no doubt he would kill me top end but he wasnt able to catch me in the space we ran.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
From my own experience, my 04 800ho would and did kick most zr9's ass, especially 04's and up. With that said, my machz is WAY faster and quicker than my 800 was. You better have a special zr to run with a good running machz.

·
Registered
109 Posts
From my own experience, my 04 800ho would and did kick most zr9's ass, especially 04's and up. With that said, my machz is WAY faster and quicker than my 800 was. You better have a special zr to run with a good running machz.[/b]
Not trying to start anything but, here's the problem with these posts (I still enjoy reading most of them). I've got a clutched 04 ZR9 and haven't found a reasonably stock 800HO that can touch it. I'm not claiming that it's crazy fast, that's just my experience.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not trying to start anything but, here's the problem with these posts (I still enjoy reading most of them). I've got a clutched 04 ZR9 and haven't found a reasonably stock 800HO that can touch it. I'm not claiming that it's crazy fast, that's just my experience.[/b]

same here but every machine is a little different.

If you got a guy that weighs 40 or 60 lbs less and rides the same machine,
the race will be different.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found the older 800 revs to be slow.I have a xc 800 that is piped, clutched,geared,the list goes on and on and it beats the the new rev 800xp's I am sure it wont hang with my zr900.

maybe mines special :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
My girlfriends dad sells cats and he has a 95 thundercat that he has had since new and its all stock, i have never seen him lose a race, he has raced pretty much everything too, zr9's, thundercat 1000, crossfire 8, f1000. the thing is a mean machine. He also has a 03 zr9, its better out of the hole and in midrange, its quick up to about 80 after that its not so quick. the thundercat just keeps going, the needle comes back and hits the stopper, mind you it has been tweeked to maximum performance over the years, but it is all stock nothing aftermarket on it.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
maybe mines special :)
LOL!!![/b]
I wasn't trying to stir the pot with my post, just was stating the truth. I raced many zr's, believe me, and the 04's and up were basically 105 mph sleds, tops. Not one of them, but all of them in stock form. That is not anything I am pulling out of my ass. It's been stated time and time again by the owners of these sleds and guys that have run against them. The 10.4 secondary helps a little but not that much. The late release 02's and 03's went somewhat better, when you could keep a belt from exploding.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wasn't trying to stir the pot with my post, just was stating the truth. I raced many zr's, believe me, and the 04's and up were basically 105 mph sleds, tops. Not one of them, but all of them in stock form. That is not anything I am pulling out of my ass. It's been stated time and time again by the owners of these sleds and guys that have run against them. The 10.4 secondary helps a little but not that much. The late release 02's and 03's went somewhat better, when you could keep a belt from exploding.[/b]

dude I was LOL!! at bwracings comment that his was special with the smiley face.

that wasn't for you 800ho dude

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I've had some luck in 1000 against them. The Mach Z's do run pretty darn hard and I would not run one up top.

Pick your fight wisely and the 9 can win. Let the Mach Z wind out and that's a different story.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts