Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why does Woody's site only recommend using 1.075? Thats barely enough to stick past the lugs. I know there is room under there, but how much is too much. I have read about some folks cutting into the exchangers.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Originally posted by Brunter Burner@Aug 29 2005, 11:39 AM
Why does Woody's site only recommend using 1.075? Thats barely enough to stick past the lugs. I know there is room under there, but how much is too much. I have read about some folks cutting into the exchangers.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851769
[/quote]
I have a 1 inch track and run 192 1.175 but I trail ride. I have ripped
up the cooler on my T-CAT . You must make shure the track tension
is correct. We check them each morning during warm up. The rear
shock failed on the T-CAT during the day allowing the track to lossen
up. When I let up after a long pull the track slapped the front cooler.
RACING IS NOT TRAIL RIDING EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT.........
We ride 150-200 miles daily. Shit happens..........All the ZRs we ride
have 1.175 woodys gold diggers. 500-900. The T-CAT runs .85 track
and 1.075 gold diggers.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'd like to hear more about this one.. My previous sled suffered from not enough penetration and would spin like crazy on take off.. The studs were only helpful while underway crossing ice.. When my friends would race I would just shut down and sit and wait.. No chance at all.. Mine is a ZR800 with 1 inch.. But I am leaning towards 1.175 woody's gold diggers with woody's aluminum backers. It track tension that big a problem? 1.075 to 1.175 doesn't seem to be a big difference?

-R.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Last year, I put a 1.5" on my ZR800 with a 04' 900 top end on it, It would just spin with the old 1.187 predator on it. With the 1.5" and 900 gearing, It would take off like crazy, and didn't seem to loose any top end. It would beat 03' -05" F7 Firecats out of the hole and all the way up. This year I just bought a 1.4 for it and plan on putting only 96 1.5" studs for traction on icy corners. This track is only 37#'s a :banana: nd should hook up excelent.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The first two years I had my '02 ZR8, I ran the stock 1" track with 192 Extreme Max 1.4" studs. Had no problems with coolers and she hooked up something fierce on trails (not so good in powder).

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Has anyone hit with 1.175's? Sounds like the route I will take of no issues are at hand.
Otherwise, what , downsize track? Or what other options?

·
Registered
708 Posts
136"x1" with 1.325 megabites Night and days difference on hookup. I wouldnt go any less than 1.325.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
One inch track. 1.175 studs, mostly trail ridden but some lake. Hooks good. Kevin

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I run a one inch track with 192 split,,, half are 1inch and 3/8 and the other half is one inch and 3/4 :banana:

Before this goes any further,,,,,,,,Iam just kidding :frech32:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Like I said, I ran a 1.5" Track with no issues, so why couldn't you run the same size pics?
I just purchased a 1.4" track for this year, and plan on have at least 1.5" studs. I still had over a ha :beerchug: lf inch of clearance when the track was spinning hard with the 1.5"

1 - 20 of 76 Posts