Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor on the Firecat side that there will be "something special" about the 2004 ZR900...and it doesn't involve EFI/SDI, etc... Hmmm, what could it be? Marc

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I have to agree with SPUDAC, direct injection. AC wanted to have the DI on the 02 ZR800 EFI CC but felt it was not ready for production at that point and time..... ;)
-John

S

·
0 Posts
Some of you might remember Direct Injection on the Arctic Cat Tiger Shark, Gee wonder what hapened to it? When it came out it had more HP, more torque, and kicked ass on emissions. I thought we would have seen DI by now. It was proven to work and we would not need four strokes because it was clean.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think the reason you havent seen it on a sled yet (DI) is because of peak rpm......it has an upper limit of about 7000 with current technology. The tigershark 1000's with DI rand great but all peaked at less than 7k. I have been watching cat develop their "big block" wondering if it was designed around DI from the start. They developed a bottom end that could easily handle 1000cc's and they have been continually pulling the power peak down closer to 7000 with each iteration. I figured this might be the year they put out a 1000 twin that makes about 150 hp at 7k using FICHT direct injection......one can only hope!

·
Super Moderator
5,655 Posts
I have heard rumblings of the zr9efi with a new belly pan and hood combo to incorporate the new cat eyes headlights and also more choice in colours. A new turbo 4-stroke to better run with the legend 1000 also in the new belly/hood combo. An outside chance of a 1000 hellcat 4stroke, if it can be completed in time. The 9efi would be sweet. All rumour till then. :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

Jester

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
dropping the zl? mmm? but the reason no ficht is skidoo owns the rights to it at the time omc was still in buisnes now skidoo owns it but it is time to revamp the zl line with fresh ideas maybe the new laydown engines will find there way into something more trail than flat out agressive riding??

·
Registered
154 Posts
I belive that Cat and Polaris still are able to use Ficht they made another agreement with Skidoo sometime after the sale of OMC.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
It would be great if Cat did the conversion of the 800/900 block to a 1010 or 1030 like D&D or Hooper and then did the DI thing. YOu would probably still be able to get 150 hp from it at under 7000 rpm and the torque would be wild! It would also meet 2006 EPA then too. Good mileage. Low weight penalty. How could you lose?

Just a thought!
:unsure:

S

·
0 Posts
I'm sure all it will be is a regular EFI, just like the 800 is now. I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything else.

·
Registered
539 Posts
zr body would be cool with cat eyes,i hope they dont drop the zr body,dont care much for the firecat design,the only problem is that every time cat comes out w/ something new,it kills the re-sale value of previous model year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts