Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a real hard time deciding which to snow check, I rode the T660 and liked it, however I've always owned big sleds and am afraid I will miss the power. I trail ride, I'm not a "ditch banger" but when we go across a lake or hit a RR bed I like knowing I have that power if I need it. Then theres the weight, fuel mileage, etc. Any and all opinions to help me decide. Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Those T660 turbos are way too expensive at 9 grand, If I was looking into a new sled and I wanted something around the 110 horsepower that the T660 turbo is at I would go with the cheaper, lighter, and more powerful Firecat or Sabercat 600.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i'd go with the zr 900. Its got alot more power than the t660. The zr gets pretty good gas mileage 11,12,13 miles to the gallon. Who knows what could happen because this is a first turbocharger put on a snowmobile by a manufacture. And u can modify the 900. Idk about the 660. GL choosing

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also agree with you High Octane about how the T660 is the first year effort for a turbo charged four stroke. I would be weary of any of Cat's first year releases (or any maker's for that matter), especially on a new sled with a concept that hasnt really been seen before. But then again, maybe the T660 would be a good machine, or it would be like the first year Firecats with alot of bugs.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,201 Posts
The ZR 900 will accelerate harder. I went T660 because I wanted something different and mainly because I'm tired of screwing around with Tour Buddy's and jerry cans, there are some runs we do in No. Quebec where the distance between gas stops are 100 miles to 170 miles. The turbocharger shouldn't be a problem they been around along time I think Fred Flintstone had a turbo on his car. :lol:

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
God forbid it to be needed, but parts are more plentiful for the ZR. Then theres the question of power. Then re-sale. ZR ZR ZR ZR ZR ZR. Hate to come off harsh, but its how I feel.... ^_^

·
Registered
166 Posts
Get out of the past and go with the non-polluting, fuel efficient, smooth running, plenty fast T...and throw away the 2 stroke oil.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Originally posted by Mikelp@Apr 21 2003, 06:52 PM
Get out of the past and go with the non-polluting, fuel efficient, smooth running, plenty fast T...and throw away the 2 stroke oil.
And get humiliated by scores of more powerful 2-strokes. :lol: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts