Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Thanks for the info.....420 mains-V-force Reeds @ 154.5 ponies.....looks like thats my ticket :p

Just removing cones and dropping jets to 400's increase hp by 4.8......I ran 410's last year in my 800....

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by AC900@Dec 12 2002, 10:37 AM
I added a tempflow will see how that acts if we ever get snow here in Mn.
AC900, I will be very interested in your feedback, I am considering adding one myself down the line...Marc

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have put a t-flow on my 03, but only have 40 miles so far and still on premix. Vented behind bars near choke, went up to 440 mains. Hint of brown on plug tip, but don't want to make any calls until premix is gone. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I would be real careful when going down to 400s. If you look at the BSFC it is below .60 and that is lean, OK if it is 45-50 degrees outside.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can you guys help me with some of the logic on the Livingston test...

When they went from bone stock to gutting the air box on test two they went DOWN on the jet size. It would've seemed to me that because of more air you would've had to INCREASE the jet size. Where I'm coming from here is I put a PowerBreather on my T-cat and gutted the airbox and D&D told me to watch the jetting I may have to go up a couple of sizes from stock... :blink:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Fireman@Dec 16 2002, 12:47 AM
Can you guys help me with some of the logic on the Livingston test...

When they went from bone stock to gutting the air box on test two they went DOWN on the jet size. It would've seemed to me that because of more air you would've had to INCREASE the jet size. Where I'm coming from here is I put a PowerBreather on my T-cat and gutted the airbox and D&D told me to watch the jetting I may have to go up a couple of sizes from stock... :blink:
I actually wrote them an email to ask about test two...wondering where the power came from (jetting or gutted box). They told me they rejetted for temperature compensation for the testing, must have been a warm Fall day...Marc

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious to how lean I may or may not be. Only have 3 miles of lake runs on my 03 zr900. I have a gutted air box, Boisen Rad Valves, and a SpeedWerx single pipe.. I don't have temp guages, or feel like I had a fair test on plug checks.. first tank of gas full of oil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts