Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone out there had put the D&D twin pipes and clutch kit on their 2001 ZR800. If so, what differences did you see? Was the gain only in top end or out of the hole as well? Did you have any problems with the D&D accessories? I'm looking at putting them on next year and just wondering whether I'm better off with the single or twin pipes. Thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd have to say that it makes a big difference all the way threw the powerband well worth the money. Don't bother with the single pipe it makes very little diference. As for the rest of D&D's products I feel that there the best out there in general for Arctic Cat. Great Clutch Kits in piticular. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
119 Posts
stay away from BLACK MAGIC AND PSI..

Speedwerx builds cat's race stuff now and is good..D and D is also a descent aftermarket source.

I'd stay away from smaller places that have their own "super products"

·
Registered
539 Posts
just put d&d pipes on my 800,ran like a raped ape for about 7 miles,then it burned downed.dont bother trying to e-mail or call their tech line,they wont respond.even if you do get through to their tech line you will talk to some girl or young kid.their tech assistants sucks.even though i've had poor performance w/ black magic,them and psi are very available when you need tuning advice.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
My suggestion would be to buy a f7......My buddy was a 2001 zr800 with all D&D parts on it and my f will walk ALLLLLLLL over it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by aczr600@Mar 2 2003, 08:42 PM
just put d&d pipes on my 800,ran like a raped ape for about 7 miles,then it burned downed.dont bother trying to e-mail or call their tech line,they wont respond.even if you do get through to their tech line you will talk to some girl or young kid.their tech assistants sucks.even though i've had poor performance w/ black magic,them and psi are very available when you need tuning advice.
Did you rejet at all? All the cat guys I ride with run D&D stuff and never had a problem, well the one did but his was a 2001 SnoPro with a 600 in it that had the 720 kit on it. He had it tuned to the edge of death, and well he pushed it over the edge.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I dyno'd a set of D&D twin pipes and they made a solid 8 horse with a decent power band for clutching. Make sure your running the upgraded pistons if your going to do any mods to your motor.

·
Registered
539 Posts
jughead,you said you dynoed twin pipes on 800 and you picked up 8 hp,what does that bring you up too 148-149. d&d claims 15 hp supposed to bring it up to 155hp.just seen on dynotech were stock was 141 and d&d single pipe & manifold br5ught it up to 145.and i beleive it was 144 w/manifold and stock pipe.thats $500 for 3 hp.sounds like false advertising to me.i'm going to make a trip back to the dyno and these pipes had better make more than 8hp,i will let you know how i make out.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I too put a set of D&D on my ZR700.
Yes they did pickup some power. But i feel it was at the expense of the low and midrange. I just had to reclutch it to suit. As far as Tech help. I have to agree. The pipes can without ANY installation instructions. and When i phoned to ask it took them forever to respond.

Had I not know better to jet up. ( for safteys sake ) I too would have probably burnt up.

Fit and finish was marginal too.

Next Sled! STOCK F7ext EFI.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Instructions to install pipes..what is this kindergarten..it's plug and play my man...

(not poking fun but it's rather un-necessary)

I just bought a 02 zr800 w/ a speedwerx 1000 kit..ported, twins, boyeson reeds, clutching..should run good I pikc it up this weekend :p B) :D :eek: :mellow: :huh: ^_^

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
Might be nice for them to at least include a base line for jetting after all part of the price is suppose to be for their expertise.

Rick.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey aczr600, here's what we found on my 800, stock hp = 135, spd werx single +4, d&d twins + 8, Bm single +1, v force 2 +4, rk tek head + 1, spd werx head +4, dyno'd a pile of more aftermarket parts that aren't even worth talking about. Please post your dyno results I'd like to see what you can find.

·
Registered
539 Posts
jughead see what i mean 8 hp ,1 hp,4 hp i mean come on what is this false advertising what happened to 15 hp ,8 hp ect,ect.ei cant get on the dyno until a couple of weeks.and to you speed work boy ,is this your first sled because i hatre to break it to you but over the last 15 years i have purchased many,many sets of pipes from psi,black magic,decker,hooper ,dyno-port and they all have sent jetting and clutching recomendations,so why dont you shut your face if you dont know what your talking about!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Originally posted by tomf7@Mar 3 2003, 09:17 PM
My suggestion would be to buy a f7......My buddy was a 2001 zr800 with all D&D parts on it and my f will walk ALLLLLLLL over it.
Sure, just don't plan any rides over 300 miles without taking spare parts along. :eek:

I'll take a dependable ZR for a couple more years.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by Beagle1+Mar 20 2003, 06:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tomf7
@Mar 3 2003, 09:17 PM
Sure, just don't plan any rides over 300 miles without taking spare parts along. :eek:

I'll take a dependable ZR for a couple more years. [/b]
i'd have to say my dad's 800 has used more parts than 99% of the f7's this year... tell me if u want a list

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If its an honest list and not from severe abuse and neglect than I would like to see what he had to replace. Perhaps it can help other 800 owners to do some preventative maintenance. No bashing just some good honest facts.

·
Registered
539 Posts
arcticrider600-yeah lets be realistic,if you have read all of the post on this and other sites you will see that most of the f7s this year have been nothing but trouble,even if they did'nt blow up owners still had the inconvinence of bringing them back to the dealer for multiply updates and added down time.hate to break it to you but as far as reliable,not even close too zr's

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I will take my F7 over any ZR's, I have had 3 zr's and nothing I have ever owned compares to my F. Many of my friends ride ZR's and when they ride my F I have a hard time getting them off of it. Two more new F riders for next year they are coming off ZR's. <_< <_< <_<

Have not had one problem with my F, 1100 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts