Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just bought a new 02 ZR800, the thing uses a LOT of oil. We put 182 miles on and his oil light had come on, I used about 2 quarts on my 00 ZR600. His pump is set correctly according to the owners manual. How can we lean it out? I'm pretty sure he can get better mileage from it. Thanks in advance. Later, Sxrlar.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Adjust the cable on the oil pump arm. You will prolly have to remove airbox to access it properly. Do it a little at a time(maybe 2-3 turns on the nuts), shoot for 60-70 to 1 ratio. Don't forget to jam the nuts after adjusting! Austin

·
Registered
747 Posts
Go up with the nuts on the oil pump linkage to lessen oil. Try 1/16th " less than the mark to start. I'm about 60:1 and get 200 miles to the qt. with my '02 800efi. Take the secondary off and you can reach the nuts from there.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I set my pump arm WOT reference mark about 1/8" below the mark on the pump housing. 65/1 ratio on Klotz Techiplate (synthetic). I've now switched to Blue Marble which seems to go even farther (less oil). I'll have to recalulate my ratio. I'm shooting for 70/1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts