Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I posted here before my friend has a 02-ZR800 EFI and is having problems getting the RPM's up.....Here is the new deal... primary clutch has been gone thru and is running 71.5gr wieghts with the orange/white Cat primary spring.....Secondary has Cat red spring with a 56/51 helix...The sled will only pull to 7200-7300 even with a lower finish on the cam and the orange spring in the primary.....I look at this set up and in theory he should be over-reving... Am I missing something?? ....Thanks in advance
PS>>>>>THE COMPRESSION IS GOOD

·
Registered
303 Posts
Is he running non-RFG or non-ethanol gas with the ethanol shunt unpluged? If so, the motor will run rich and slow down. I assume this is a stock motor.....

Just a thought.

BobCat

·
Registered
303 Posts
Where is he (are you) from? Where do you buy your gas?

Regular 87 can be RFG or non-RFG... Depends on where you buy your gas.

BobCat

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saskatchewan Canada.....We always get Esso fuel and its non ethenol....Not sure what RFG stands for..But like I said I burn the same stuff in my F7 with the switch on regular setting...no probs

·
Registered
303 Posts
In the states it means Re-Formulated Gas or oxigenated gas like ethanol gas.

The shunt should be PLUGGED IN for you guys.

BobCat

·
Registered
80 Posts
does the sled nose over on the top with the big spring? is the top speed lower with the orange spring than with the purple in the same conditions. if the answars are yes, the tach probably needs recalibrated. i like the purple spring, although my friend and i have both broken one this year.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You could tighten the primary spring one hole and see how it is or try a 60-48 helix. I have 72.5g weights and a 58/52 and I can pull 7500 on the tach at WOT.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You've most likely checked this but what about the exhaust valves. Start off with the simple things first K.I.S.S ^_^

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thank you for all of your Idea's. We did manage to find the problem :D .. It was the throttle cable...I dont ride this sled so I didnt pick up on it untill last night when I was adjusting mine on the F7..His cable was so stretched that he had a 1/4 inch gap before the throttle body would move...lol. We set the cable to spec and took it out and she pulls good rpm now...thanks again guys..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts