I have two sleds that I need to check the ski alignment on. one 2000 600ZL EFI and one 2001 600ZR EFI. Can someone explain to me how to do this properly. do I have to strap the skis together, etc? thank you for your help.
I grabbed this from another forum awhile back, but it's good information. Marc
1) first get your track alignment perfect.
2) lay a long straightedge on the floor against the side of the track and extending up to front of the skis runners.
3) confirm the handlebars are in the straight ahead position
4) measure from the straight edge to the front and rear runner studs of each ski.
5) loosen locknuts and adjust (turn) the tie rods until you have 1/16'' to 1/8'' toe out (front wider) for each ski. This will give you a 1/8'' to 1/4'' combined toe-out.
6) secure the tie rod lock nuts.
A forum community dedicated to snowmobile owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, trails, riding tips, modifications, classifieds, accessories, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!