Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Junior has been riding around his indy lite for a few years now and it fits him really well but he is growing and getting taller.

Been looking at the 4000's as it fits into the category that I grew up with, 440 xcrs. Outside of the standard process issues is there anything to watch out for with them?

They seem like a fun sled and perfect for a teenager.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Good choice. We bought a 2015 zr 4000 new. Our girls were 12 and 10. My youngest still drives it. Has not had a wrench on it yet. I changed the primary spring to tone it down on engagement. Made it smoother. Only downfall is no electric start for younger people to start. I found once it was warm. They could start it on there own. Even if both pulled at same time .....lol.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
my friend bought one for his wife and it was too slow even for her. local riding it would be great, but on the trial system she was trying to keep up but it just didn't have the snap or top end. they sold it sadly, after i powder coated her stud backers with a purple white swirl that was awesome.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He doesn't need to go that fast, currently he just cruises at about 25-30 and is comfortable at that, even on the wide open straights he just puts rite a long.

That's now but I expect him to start picking up speed as he grows. He doesn't need to do 70. Just top out at sixty if even that.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
He doesn't need to go that fast, currently he just cruises at about 25-30 and is comfortable at that, even on the wide open straights he just puts rite a long.

That's now but I expect him to start picking up speed as he grows. He doesn't need to do 70. Just top out at sixty if even that.
may be perfect then.

·
Registered
20,620 Posts

If you need more power put the rr clutching and ecu in it when he gets older. My 500 sno pro would run in the 90s stock with out a problem. In fact it was faster than the zr600s we had from the late 90s when raced them.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what is unique to the platform? The rr a-arms are only used a couple of years. Most of the ones around me are the rr, so that's what I will likely get.

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
So what is unique to the platform? The rr a-arms are only used a couple of years. Most of the ones around me are the rr, so that's what I will likely get.
The shocks, wider front end, heavier skid that the rr used, xc drive train, team tss 04, Running board re enforcements, up graded brakes, aggressive clutch set up, the hotter program in it and few things I am forgetting about. The 4000rr will ride like shit for a little kid compared to the standard 4000.

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
The 4000rr actually had a few more upgrades than the 600 and 800rr. It’s cross between the rr and rxc

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone had experience with phazers? The little I have read it seems.like a more mid range to advance snowmobile because of how it handles.

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
Don’t touch one with a 10 foot pole. They are so front heavy they are dangerous to ride. They are turds. The cat 4000 is faster, lighter, easier to ride ect. My cousin had one new and it was the worst sled I have ever road in my life. He sold it after a month.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I would probably get an evo at that point. Looking for something a bit more so that's why I have been eyeing the 4000.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is the fuel tank size and typical range?

How many tank of gas per oil fill up?

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
What is the fuel tank size and typical range?

How many tank of gas per oil fill up?
My sno pro500 held wide open was better on gas and oil than my 600 and 800 ctech. The problem with the sno pro is oil tank is small. The 4000s on the other hand is like the procross and holds damn near a gallon of oil. You won’t have an issue with your son on oil and fuel range running a 4000

1 - 20 of 27 Posts