Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to find info but can't find much. Most of the threads seemed to get sidetracked. Wondering what people are seeing for top speeds with the 137 800.

Please post if stock or different gearing and if you shaved down or removed the white spacer in secondary. Also stock or different track.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Stock 16 zr 8000 137" limited I hit 107 on a frozen rd. At like 400 miles on the clock. I let out of it cuz I though that was fast enough lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I forgot to specify I'm looking for info on the 14s and 15s with the cat clutches. But any input is welcome!

Roost 'Er did you mess with the white spacer or leave it alone?

·
Registered
988 Posts
My father's 14 hit 104 and the belt grenaded lol. I don't think he's chased top speed since then.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
Right at 100mph on the speedo with 15 XF limited. 3,700 miles on the sled. Held it WOT for juuuuusssstt a little too long and the belt blew and shot the sidepanel off. damn near hit my buddy that I was racing. I have NEVER seen a belt just pop and leave the sled before. It was 1 piece and looked like it got cut.

·
Registered
20,350 Posts
Did any of you play with the white spacer in secondary?

IMO the white spacer is crap shoot based on each individual clutch. That spacer was a cheap easy fix for cats crappy manufacturing tolerances. Some clutches might be right on with it and others might be better with out. I would ditch the spacer and go with an after market helix that are made to tighter tolerances vs trying to mod the white spacer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
IMO the white spacer is crap shoot based on each individual clutch. That spacer was a cheap easy fix for cats crappy manufacturing tolerances. Some clutches might be right on with it and others might be better with out. I would ditch the spacer and go with an after market helix that are made to tighter tolerances vs trying to mod the white spacer.
What he said!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On my 13 800 I pulled the spacer but it would pull the belt into the helix so I trimmed it just enough to get full shift. With it in i was loosing around an inch or so of shift. Not sure how much mph that equals. I might go aftermarket route but trimming spacer is a cheaper route and D&D says to run the stock helix with riot kit

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
'14 XF 800 137 1.25" Rip II. Stock 22/48 gearing, trimmed spacer. 103 on GPS in about 1/4 mile on hard pack lake. Was still climbing but ran out of room.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Not to change the subject, but FWIW,,, I have a totally stock BigFin sec on my 12 Turbo 128" with NO changes to the spacer and appears to shift out fully with no current issues. snap

·
Registered
83 Posts
I seen 103 once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 RR, 2019 Alpha
172 Posts
2016 ZR 800 137" with 1.75" backcountry track fastest I've seen on speedo was 101 a few times down hard packed trail (gps indicated 99). Usually 93ish is about it on soft snow, sometimes less.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been trying to find info but can't find much. Most of the threads seemed to get sidetracked. Wondering what people are seeing for top speeds with the 137 800.

Please post if stock or different gearing and if you shaved down or removed the white spacer in secondary. Also stock or different track.

Thanks
I have a 2015 XF8000 limited snow pro 137 and hit 106 in prime conditions when brand new. Now with only 800 miles I barely touch 100.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts