Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this weekend that my master cylinder is leaking on my 99 ZR.
Is there a rebuild kit for these things or do I have to bite the bullet and get a whole new assembly?

OR just screw the brake!! :lol: - Kidding

·
Registered
303 Posts
I asked this on the Amsnow pay side 2 weeks ago.... No responce. You are out of luck on this one. Complete assy is in your future.

BobCat

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:p
It leaking around the piston.
Ergo a bad seal in the cylinder.
Already bought a new one to replace it. I can't wait around while there is good snow flying!

Got to get in the miles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Joe, mine started to leak at X-Mas time. Send me a postage paid envelope and I will send you the seals for free. When I finally tracked the two cups at a specialty seal company they had all of them in stock. These seals are metric so they are hard to find. I bought enough for five masters. You are welcome to have the two cups for free and whatever else goes in there. The only thing that does not come with the kit is the seal on the end of the shaft-the one you see on the outside of the piston. This seal is just for dust and to hold the piston in there when the lever is not holding it. You do not need to replace it-it does not hold the fluid at all. There are about five pieces in the kit. It only cost me $10.00cdn to do five masters. PM me and I will give you my address.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts