Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 800eficc and had the update on the front skid shock done about three weeks ago. The sled had 2200 miles on it when the update was done, and at about 2500 the shock went out. Took it to the dealer with about 2650 on it and they rebuilt the shock and replaced some hoses they had routed wrong, all for free. While reading my work most recent work order the tech noted that "the suspension rails are almost shot, but should last till spring." The reason I am upset is on the first wo there was no mention of this which leads me to believe they didn't have things tight the first time, causing the problem. Has anyone gotten rails replaced under warranty and how many have had to have them replaced? Sorry so long, but we have about 1400 mile trip planned and I will be thinking "should last till spring" the whole time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I am not talking about the plastic sliders, I am talking about the aluminum suspension rails. The holes are wopped out where the main skid shock mounts with the bolt all the way across with two bogie wheels and the spring mounts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My 01-ZR8, the rails were replaced under warranty for the exact same reason. The holes were stretched out by about 60%. Dealer said it appeared there were different batches of aluminum, because some came in with high miles that were rode hard, and no damage, while other much lower mileage machines were stretched all to hell. No question, it is a warranty item! Austin

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had my slide rails replaced under warranty this fall on my 02 ZR 600 CC. The dealer AC was giving him grief about being a warranty fix but eventually they did it anyways. There was about 1000 miles on it. The dealer said to regularily check the bolts and make sure they're tight.

·
Registered
362 Posts
for anyone that has egged out rail holes,find someone that welds and have the holes heli-arc filled. then carefully grind or file the lump down,layout where the hole was originally and re-drill. its an easy fix.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Mark. Making some calls this morning to find someone to heli-arc weld it, because the more I looked at it the more I could see myself broke down on my trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts