Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes, I have a 2001 600ZR EFI which was purchased new last year. I weigh about 215. The springs were too soft since mile 1. I changed to a .437 spring with I believe a angle of 75 degrees which seemed to be way too much when I installed them; but that is not the case. I wish I would have done it last year!!! Check with your arctic cat dealer and have them look up the springs for you. The sled is reacting much better to corners, bumps, ect.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
i switched to 98 sno pro spring on my 02 zr 500 this year and weigh 195 and am pretty happy with it but i ride pretty hard at times they may be a little stiff for some but i like em. :D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Speak to your dealer. AC springs come in a large variety of wire sizes/leg angles and combinations of each. You might also consider the Black Magic aluminum spring cams. They have increased cam heights on the second and third positions which will effectively add load capacity without the hassle of changing springs. The cost is less than springs and you eliminate those failure prone plastic AC cam blocks in the process.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I checked out the springs I put on my ZR600 this weekend.. they are actually .461 at 75 degrees. I bought the .437 for my 2000 600ZL which has a softer suspension. This sled (600ZL) is set up more for my friends or beginning riders.

I rode about 300 miles this year ( 220 miles this past weekend in MI UP) on the .461 springs and am very pleased with them. I believe these are the stiffest you can get.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You can also get high-rise spring slide mounts which effectively add preload to the springs. I have a set on order now (part # 1604-143). They only cost $8/ea and you need a set. The springs are $38/ea so I'm hoping the slides will do the trick.

-Couch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts