Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Puttin my ZR 580 back together and i dont know but do the cylinders have to go on the smae one they came off b/c i got this engine with the top end allready off so can i just put them on either way..... if they do have to go back on a certain way how do i tell?

A*C*K*A

·
Premium Member
21,754 Posts
Either way is fine. it is good to keep parts matched up (cylinder to head etc.) but if you got it in a box just put it together. can you see any identifying rub marks on the cylinders from maybe a hose or perhaps the spare belt in the holder rubbing the side off one that may give you a hint as to where it was originally?

·
Premium Member
21,754 Posts
Its been 10 years since I had that sled, sorry about that bad info. I thought the 580s had the individual heads and then the 600s starting in 98 were one piece. what was it that made them only fit one way? exhaust studs? -doubt it, water manifold? maybe, I just cant picture the engine right now but mine was a good one.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Its been 10 years since I had that sled, sorry about that bad info. I thought the 580s had the individual heads and then the 600s starting in 98 were one piece. what was it that made them only fit one way? exhaust studs? -doubt it, water manifold? maybe, I just cant picture the engine right now but mine was a good one.[/b]

The 580 does have seperate cyl and heads,, but I think the y-pipe studs can only go one way or they would be opposite,,R2R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.