Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would one go about taking the paint off the tunnel on the new ZR900?
I can't stand the way it looks, but would love to own one. Is it a huge project?
Thanks for any input
c-money

·
Registered
931 Posts
i had thought of doind this to my tcat. i was going to try some circa 1850 under the running board to see if it would work or mess up the aluminium. havent tried it yet though. any other ideas?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I agree, I mean why paint the tunnel anyway, it will just wear off in a couple years. If Arctic Cat reads this, DO NOT PAINT THE TUNNELS!!!!!!! Its terrible, the natural aluminum looks so much better. I had the same reservations about the ZR900 for the same reason. I have also thought about stripping down the tunnel some how. If anyone has a good method would love to hear it.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Get some PAINT PEALER you can buy it at car quest it comes in a spray can took two cans to do my 99 600 zl.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Personally, and it sounds like I'm in the minority on this one, I like the painted tunnel better.

I find it's easier to keep clean, unless you never ride and have time to polish the aluminum after every trip?!? I'll hit over 5000 miles this weekend on my ZR8 and no paint is wearing anywhere on the tunnel. Maybe a little on the running board where my heel rests, but it's not even worn off yet either...just a little dull looking.

What do you guys do to wear the paint off so fast?
What do you do to keep the unpainted tunnel looking decent? My brother-in-law has a Rev8 and he's polished the tunnel 3 or 4 times this year and it still looks dirty after the next few hundred miles.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
just alittle soap and water to keep it clean and iput a little wax on it at the start of the season my sled was a 99 and the paint was coming off where my feet were and also on the rear of the tunnel. I thought i would try something different and i have always like the skidoo nonpainted tunnel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts