Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on what weights I should put in my 900. Its reving too high at about 7700 should be at 71-7200. :ph34r:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Get the tach calibrated before you start your clutching, they can be as much as 300 rpm too high. It's only $20.00 to calibrate your tach, while clutch weights tend to get expensive.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The stock weights work best, just put more cam angle to it. D-D says the stock weights work best.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Im running HH with CPRs set up witch is like 89 grams ...spikes at 7100 and creeps to 7500 on top.... it made a big improvement...I would love to race the D&D set up...I have been told they work good as well

S

·
0 Posts
89 Grams??? Jeepers Creepers man!

Will the stock cat clutch swing that much weight???

Let me know how many miles you get on it before it blows apart.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
How does the CPR kit work compared to stock? I am seriously considering one but need to hear some feedback. Big bucks but if it works I dont mind spending the $.

·
Registered
830 Posts
CPR kit works good as far as Im conserned.......and it is like 78 grams on the H.H. not 89 my mistake.

S

·
0 Posts
:) I thought that 89 were a little heavy... However I didn't know what Jeff did for a kit either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just a note: we are running 70-73 gram weights at 7000 feet on 900 1Ms with 151 and 159 tracks. Stock they came with 67 gram weights. Only change made was weights and they go. faster on lake in deep powder and faster and farther up the hills. Only other mods are stinger and reeds. Clutches and belts are cooler and fuel mileage even went up. Next years 1Ms are going to be even better. Ordering 04 KingCat. YeeHaw!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,933 Posts
weights depend on what springs and helix`s you use. we use big springs and heavy weights. using between 83 and 85 grams in a zr 900

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Originally posted by yukon@Mar 2 2003, 09:21 AM
weights depend on what springs and helix`s you use. we use big springs and heavy weights. using between 83 and 85 grams in a zr 900
What type of riding are you doing Yukon?
Mods?
Will it pull these weights for long lake blasts?

·
Banned
5,933 Posts
i trail ride i n northern wi. and do alot of drag/ lake racing . the 900 was my buddies sled with v-force reeds . it will pull 83 grams all day long depending on springs. i have a ported 925 kit on m y zr 800 i pull 90 grams using heavy hitter weights. they are the only weights i could find that i could get heavy enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts