Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be some reasons for losing top speed.....tach stays at 7000 RPM....sled creeps up to only 90-95 MPH...ran 100 plus last year with 7400-7600 on the tach. Have D&D single pipe..power air box...and D&D clutch kit. Where should I start..what should be some of the items I should check. Do any of you out there have ANY items different then from the springs or belt issues that I should check..this sled has been a total pain in the a** this year for some reason....I've also changed everything back to stock...it's the same as mentioned above. Going to rid of it next year!! Sled is a ZR 800 CC carb 2002 model. :wacko:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Samething is happening to mine, Dealer thinks its the ignition timing sensor.
I'll let you know if thats it as soon as I get it back.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I would have to agree with SCOTTYR Check and clean your valves. My buddys zr8 was doin the same thing, and he noticed the cables were off of the servo motor because the valves were stuck.
Later darren

S

·
0 Posts
Stuck powervalve, or maybe a broken powervalve cable. This happened to me last year.

It kinda makes a sled hard to tune, when only one valve is open!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Is there an easy way to tell if they are stuck or will it just be a performance issue? I took the plastic cover off and they go through the first cycle and everything looks alright. What should I look for? :wacko:

·
Registered
978 Posts
check ur power valves and clean them... then move to ur driveshaft bearings, if all is in order, step up on ur secondary clutch adjustment... more info is in the owners manual...

bad jackshaft bearings will definatly take out lots of top speed and lower rpms... we have had our drive shaft out over 5 times since the begining of the season

1 - 13 of 13 Posts