Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how the 02 ZR 800 CC's run against the F7's F6's and Revs ? ....Mostly for on the lake and on roads and i also had a nother quesiton. Do these things feel like tanks as far as there weight goes ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not to heavy feeling when you ride but when moving around to load or when stuck very heavy.

·
Registered
636 Posts
the F7s will generally put a whoopin on most 800s in a drag race. i think you would have to have a good runnning/set up zr to take down a F7. you are hard pressed to notice the 30 lbs the ZR has over the F7 when riding. The ZR generally tends to hand better although i hear the new lower standard F7 handles more like the zrs.

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How bout these 800's against revs and yami's and polaris's......my last sled was a 98' ZR 600 which was kinda fast but i got beat by a lot of sleds especially my buddy who has an 03 F7. He would spank me so bad every time which is why i want somethin then can somewhat keep up with him. I'm looking to upgrade to something quicker and faster....not necesarily the fastest sled but something that can keep up and i'm looking to spend no more then $3500

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thats a pretty good chunk of change, you can get alot with that if you look around. I don't know where kalkaska is but if you keep your eyes open I bought my 2000 tcat with under 1000 mi for 3g's. Swap meets are probably the best place to look, now that its getting to be fall prices are goin up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have an 01 and love it. Runs neck and neck with my buddies rev 800. I pull on acceleration but if we hit it at 80 or so we are side by side. f7 is probably faster but only by a slight margin. I raced a couple last year and you have to get the drop on them.

I would go for the 900 though, leave no doubt as no matter what anyone says they take the f7. I have NEVER seen an f7 beat a 900 unless the 900 driver was sleeping. The f7 is AWESOME don't get me wrong, very very cool sled, but the 900 is sick

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ive raced alot of f7s with my 02 zr800cc and beat most of them. not by much. And i have been beat by a few. It depends on how it was set up. I was running a heel clicker clutch, Only 144 studs vforce reeds and i had it leaned down 2 jet sizes. This made the best improvement for running here in Michigan.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I had both 2 years ago!!! A 2002 zr800efi cce and a '03 F7 sno-pro,
in a race both with stock setups, the F7 always beat it, and beat it fairly easily. If we did a rolling start at about 30mph, it was a very close race. But in a straight drag race, the F7 will win and also beat most zr900's.

I have raced 4 of them and beat 3 of them. Still love the ZR chassis but if you want to drag race, the f-chassis is far superior to the ZR chassis, and every other chassis for that matter. Check out the haydays results. They can't make ZR8's and ZR9's go as fast as F7's. Don't feel bad they can't make the Mack Z 1000 keep up to our 700.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i have a 01zr8 and have ridden a few firecats............the f7's pull harder from a dead stop, but on the trails and in the tight corners there is still nothing like a zr.......a little tinkering with set up and ett kit make this sled very hard to keep up with..........i enjoyed the 98 600 efi a little more though, a little lighter to throw around and could keep the 600 in the sweet spot most of the time. :beerchug:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2001 ZR800 with DD Pipes/Can, power breather, V force, jetted, empty airbox, timing key, DD cluthching and it does not matter against F7 from a dead stop. You want to spend $3000.00? Just save alittle longer and get the F7. Yes I have beat the 7's and they have beat me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an 02 800 CC EFI, I have Boysen reeds, gutted air box, Dakota performance clutch kit and 144 1.375 studs down the middle. I ride w/ 2 F7's and some RX1's. I can usually get the holeshot on most sleds I ride w/ the F7's are stock and I can hold them off till around 90-95 MPH, never had a problem w/ stock RX1' or stock 800 Doo's

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts