Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I may be opening a can of worms but hoping folks will give some real world top speeds with the CTec2 6000. I have watched some YouTube videos of the 2014 6000 El Tigre racing, on grass, an older ZRT 600 and FireCat F7 and it actually beat both. The F7 was not far behind and the radar showed 96 MPH, sorry I don't remember the distance. Keep it clean folks...….

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have added that I have a hard time believing the 140 HP F7 was beat by a 123 HP 600 but the 6000 did come across the line first. I assume throttle control by the guy that was driving the F7

·
Registered
917 Posts
My former 2015 ZR 6000 ran 101 on my garmin and my 2018 ran about the same on a long run down an 8 mile lake on hard pack with my scratchers down. Never had a chance last year to run my 2020. Probably never will. Lost the need for top speed. Have no pictures but my speedo was reading 102 if I can remember correctly. Covid drinking has burnt a few brain cells.

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Mine with a team tied and and a blue printed primary would run 103 on the speedo in conditions perfect for speed. On trail it would run mid to high 90s. My 800s had about 10 more mph on the big end. A stock f7 that isn’t messed up should pull in the mid 110s.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
My 2017 6000 Rxc tops out at 82-86. Thats in real world trail conditions (what matters).
MY 2000 POLARIS 600 COULD SMOKE MY 2016 ZR 6 MY SLED RUNS STRONG ,BUT IS NOT FAST IT'S QUICK THEY LACK TOP SPEED TO MUCH SLED TO PUSH EVEN ON ICE ,WAY BETTER SLED TO RIDE THOUGH + I'M A FAT F--K .

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You also must be drinking. The CTec2 is still the fastest 600 class sled to date, there is no way a stock 2000 600 Polaris will smoke a 2016 ZR 6000. Again I am looking for real world information folks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The best HP numbers I can find for a 2000 Poo 600 is 115 HP so that does not add up against the CTec2 6000 at 123HP but I understand where your coming from. My 2004 F5 Cat was a seriously fast 500 cc sled with 105 HP so I do get that the older sleds had speed but can't imagine with todays technology and bigger HP motors that the old guys are faster....

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
its NOT just HP That gets you speed, a lot can be in gearing!
so to say an older sled doesn';t have a faster top speed based on HP numbers in NO way shape or form an accurate way to decide things!

also consider newer sleds have higher center of gravity and more drag due to sitting so much taller, many have much taller lugs and well longer tracks, more mass to turn which rob's HP
I am NOT saying ALL older sleds can beat a newer seld, but there were some FAST sleds back in the day that had high top end speeds
when on FLAT smooth trails or ice, they ran FAST
I woudn;t ever want to go back to them old sleds as my BACK would never allow me to ride them, a few big bumps, and some moguls, and I wouldn;t be able top sell one fast enough!

top speed isn't a worry of me any more, rather comfort and handling, most sleds are faster than more folks can drive them in MOST trail conditions
and if folks were to be honest and do some MATH< and figure pout there miles per hour based on hours on motor, I will bet there not driving HALF as fast as they THINK they do!
be honest folks, none or few of us are racers or have the REAL skills to do so ALL the time while riding!

most all ride for FUN< not top speed !
lake racers and drag strip folks excluded here LOL

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
its NOT just HP That gets you speed, a lot can be in gearing!
so to say an older sled doesn';t have a faster top speed based on HP numbers in NO way shape or form an accurate way to decide things!

also consider newer sleds have higher center of gravity and more drag due to sitting so much taller, many have much taller lugs and well longer tracks, more mass to turn which rob's HP
I am NOT saying ALL older sleds can beat a newer seld, but there were some FAST sleds back in the day that had high top end speeds
when on FLAT smooth trails or ice, they ran FAST
I woudn;t ever want to go back to them old sleds as my BACK would never allow me to ride them, a few big bumps, and some moguls, and I wouldn;t be able top sell one fast enough!

top speed isn't a worry of me any more, rather comfort and handling, most sleds are faster than more folks can drive them in MOST trail conditions
and if folks were to be honest and do some MATH< and figure pout there miles per hour based on hours on motor, I will bet there not driving HALF as fast as they THINK they do!
be honest folks, none or few of us are racers or have the REAL skills to do so ALL the time while riding!

most all ride for FUN< not top speed !
lake racers and drag strip folks excluded here LOL
thanks i hate this place anymore no one want's facts

·
Insane Madcatter
06 F7 EFI / 00 MXZ 600
156 Posts
I'd say the CTEC 600 in the ProCross, in stock form, is good for about 85-90 tops.
Any F7, even the lowly 04/05 are capable of 105MPH.

However the parameters of the race are very important...
From a dig, the ProCross might hang in there for a moment, but once they get up to speed any year F7 should go right by.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Agree 100% with a F7 walking a ZR 6000 but not sure how to explain this? I am not a You-Tuber so not sure if they can change things to look different than they really are.....I would guess they can

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For a thread that's a shit show you seem to be on it a lot.....lol
Just sayin

1 - 20 of 54 Posts