Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never happen...lol but we just came back from a nice stretch of lake. aprox 30 - 33 degrees. hard pack with a slight tail wind, my buddies F7 ,after having blown the mag side with the updates done, (fixed now) posted a speed of 107 mph on the digital speedo. was still pulling hard too. as for the 580, my sled, 93 mph and climbing... checked with the F7 right next to it using his digital speedo. both sleds bone stock

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its a 97. had just taken the clutch kit out of it and put the original back in last night, also replaced the pucks and washers and rollers etc.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Had one myself, ran real good but couldn't hold a candle to a F7. Actually sold it to a friend of mine when I got my F7, won't even race me after I blew away his buddies MZX 800, and everything else I've run so far.
Actually, Scott's his name who bought my 97' 580 got on my F7 in Mercer, pulled a holeshot and litterally went right off the back end (had the coupler blocks out). He was embarrassed as hell! Funny as hell though. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
986 Posts
The only way a ZR 580 can beat a F7 is in your dreams

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
MY 580 could beat anything!!! come and race me!!!! haha, j/k guys. ^_^ I have a 97 Zr 580 with chip and clutched... I haven't been beat yet at 660 foot... I haven't raced anythin bigger then a 600... i beat a 02 Zl 600, 02 legend 600, a 01 xc 600 and a 02 xc 600 ... i also raced a guy on his rev 600 after talkin to him at DA flowage for about an hour... we went out in a hard pack field and raced... i kicked his ass at 660 feet, i must of had 4 or 5 sleds on him... i stopped again to talk and he said" i didn't get much of a holeshot that time" so we raced again, did the same thing, but that tiem i only beat him by about 3 sleds.. :D . this weekend i'm going to ride up to lake gobecic and cehck out whos out there that wants to race... :lol: i can't wait to get my f7

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zr man. a little info on your chip and pipe if you could please. as far as the zr beating the f7... it was a JOKE. lol .... musta missed the " never happen" part

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have a 97 ZR 580 clutched to run grass and ice and a BM chip race chip, ported, studded and I have beet 700s and 800s in 500 660 and a few in 1,000 feet and in will get my F7 for a few 100 feet but the F7 kills it every time.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had a 97 ZR. I know the F7 will eat it up but would like to compare the cornering. That zr felt like it was on rails, real low to the ground.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
NO i didn't miss the "never happend" part! I never said anythin about beat an f7, I know i couldn't come close!!! Oh yea, i have no pipe, and my chip is a black magic chip... and its cluthed and studded

·
Registered
962 Posts
Mello guys.... ;)

I do feel that the handling is like the 97 580`s.

Ski comes up about 6 inches and stays there, Once the ski is off the goud you know your on the rail....Only got worried when the ski didn`t come up.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
saber.. is it still as reliable for trail riding. damn fine lookin sleds too. my 580 hasn't looked like that since 97..lmao hey zr man... wasn't intended for you either, just seems some guys missed the joke. as far as the cornering issue, my buddy has a F7 and likes the way the zr corners better. if i get ahead of him in the trails, he has one hell of a time trying to catch me. if i buy a new one i think it would be the 5 0r 600... only so fast you can go on the trails, and cheaper to insure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts