Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad and Brother are stupid and seem to think that there Yamaha 99 Sx 600 will beat my 95 Zr 580 how many of you think this is true????

o ya and just to add there was this machanic who said my sled would toast any Sx 600

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have already beat the SX but my brother still thinks it wasnt fair just say that the Zr will win just so i cant let him know that others think so too

·
Registered
539 Posts
stock without good clutch setup sx600 should win,but w/ a little work carb 580 could have a lot of smoke.bore carbs to 44 or45 mm up 1 size on needle jet, 1 size on pilot jet, start w/ 400 jets.cut heads to .055 squish{always run 92-94 octane}19-39 gears and sled has to come out hard around 5500 rpm's.t-cat 57-50 helix works good,should be easy to get.all of that should cost you around 150.00.it shouldrun w/ almost anything in your class up to about 500 ft.

·
Registered
354 Posts
this is a very close race, but it is kinda sad that a triple 600 has a twin 580 so close in performance to it!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have beat it evry time i raced it but on radar it beats mine, i think it just because i do nt have as much middle power how could i get more just in the middle??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts