Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B) anyone with the litle 1/2 liters out there what have you done? mine as boyesen reeds,jetted homebrewed clutching,amsoil shock therapy oil and stiffer rear springs.rode yesterday for first time with shock oil and rear springs and loved it. i ride tight trails and have to say this is an awesome sled for th type of riding i do.especially when the riding gets rough :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
My 98 ZR500 had V-Force reeds, all kinds of jetting changes, geared down, also tried a 3 degree timing key, clutching in Bearcat clutches. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
currently putting an M-10 in mine. Will post results after first ride. Hope Cat brings this 500 back next year, not sure I am ready for a Firecat.
mike

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My 2002 Zr 500 early dealer edition, is jetted down two sizes & has a d&d power beather , a speedwerx clutch kit & 96 studs w/1.25" camoplast track. Not as fast as a 600 sled, but right on there bumper.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
With a power breather you should be looking at stock jetting or going up one jet not down two jets????01-02s that came with 330 mains where pretty damn close-98s thru 00 where overjetted by about two to three sizes-i run 320s in my 01,tried 310s and lost top end-if you go to lean on jets the pipe sensor will retard your timing and you will lose top end,its nice having that pipe sensor because it does work,cat finally figured out their jetting on the 01-02s with the 330s coming down from the 360s in 98-i still have my 01 for my wife but in all honestly it doesnt compare to my f5-the f5 kicks ass-this thing came with 380 mains,im running 370s now and checked piston wash,still on the rich side,but no snow so cant ride,will probably be going to 360s and rechecking but this damn thing flies!!!!!!!!!!midrange is incredible,thats where it leaves my 01,only thing im dissapointed about is holeshot and oil usage,i think i have the oil usage figured out as my dealer said during 300 mile inspection the oil pump was way out of adjustment,set it back some,will have to wait and see-scott

A

·
0 Posts
I have a 2000 ZR 500 EFI. Rode it stock for 3 seasons, then added 678 Black Magic motor w/ twin pipes, 1 1/4 track, boysen reeds, 4 inch handlebar riser, reed spacers, front and rear skid plates (org), C&A Pro skiis (org), green chrome winshield, Black Magic clutching (came with the motor kit), green belly pan, black hood, runs around 132 hp on the dyno according to Black Magic. Got about 200 miles on the motor runs strong. Looking to put either a 136 or 144 on it. Like to have some tips on doing this.

·
Registered
124 Posts
arcticnutt, nice looking sled. Let me know how the motor performs, is it reliable, and trail friendly. I would like to do the same with my 500, but with a d&d kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts