Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who is planning on doing modifications to their ZR 500, I will express to you what I have done and what the results have been. Maybe you could also give me some new ideas of how to expand my "lil" 500.
My first season with the sled was stock with just a Black Magic Hearthrob Clutch kit, really made a big difference, throughout the power band, no complaints other than a little clutch burning during persistant starting and stopping. Probably from the high rpm engagement.
I had D&D put twin pipes with canister, the corresponding new clutch kit, and V-Force 3's for this season. The service and performance has been great. The sled has come alive. I can keep up with 600's to about 80mph, 700's about 70mph, and 800's not long. Not bad considering its a 500. It's not loud, but flowmaster like. It runs great in all temperatures, colder the better of course....to an extent, too cold has bit me in more ways than one.
I would recommend these modifications, for the money spent (like the extra cost for a new stock 600) you can't go wrong. Very smooth from idle to the bar. It really runs that much better, too bad you can't buy them this way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same sled as you and i to have done some performance mods. I ran it stock for the first year but this year i added a D&D clutch kit, powerbreather, gutted the airbox, and carbon tech reeds. It seems to work really well and was a great improvement over stock. I also took the coupler blocks out. I have beat a 2001 ski-doo 600 and keep up with some other 600's but i only weigh 120 pounds. :p. How do your twin pipes work? did they give u a good gain in power?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts