Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after getting all the clutch issues straightened out on my 97 ZR 440, it seems to have developed a new problem, it is only running on one cylinder and I cant seem to get it running back on two! Compression seems good in both cylinders and the spark plugs are pretty much new that Im using in the thing. If I take out the plugs and see if they spark, one will not spark but if you switch the plugs around both will spark but one always seeps to spark erratically. Any ideas on what this issue could be? :wacko:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope for hell its not the stator because those are big bacon :angry:

·
Registered
863 Posts
well if it is the coil, i think there is one kickin around the race garage that came out of a 97 or 98...i think it would work...;et me double check if it is there and will work and it is your stator thats gone let me know and I'll see what I can do....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope the stator is fine, so is the coil. The cap to the spark plug was a little bunged up causing it not to fire sometimes. The reason that it was firing erratic, well it wasnt really doing it erratically. Turns out that the plugs, BR9EYAs fire off to the side a bit because of their V-shaped electrode :blink: so thats a DUH on my part. I did check the carbs today, the carb on the cylinder that doesnt seem to be firing, was BONE dry :eek: when I took the float bowl off but after playin with the float and checkin the jets again it seems that gas is flowin once again. One of my dads buddies was messing around with the chokes on the sled a few days ago (hes a self proclaimed expert) sayin the chokes were off so Im gonna check them out and then hopefully the thing will be back out on the snow! :wacko:

·
Registered
80 Posts
sounds like the needle probably got stuck in the seat. hope ya dislodged it , when you were fiddlin with the float. happy trails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts