Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine just took his suspension out of his 02 zl-800 esr. and what he saw was surprising the front axel where the 2 wheels mount was bent and the wheels were chipped dealer says this is normal to some sledds depending how bad you beat it i know this guy he does not beat this sledd he is just a joy rider what do you think?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Was that the axle which also supports the bottom end of the front skid shock?
If so, you may be interested to know that they make that shaft thicker for the CCE sleds but had to reduce the shock end bushing thickness to accomodate it. Now the CCE sleds shafts don't bend, but the plastics bushing wears through and in turn the shock end cap hole get elongated/ruined. The replacement shock end caps are currently on backorder so the owners may be SOL if they want to ride anytime soon. This is something all CCE owners should check prior to the seasons start.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
:p You talking about me again there Muskoka? It is however true about the bushings failing in short order which allows the shaft to eat the lower end cap, worst part is that when the end cap wears it will then contact the track.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey zr i agree with you why does cat keep building the same skids so light rather than trying to come up with some kind of beefed up parts it took so long to tighten up the front steering now they should beef up the rear skid now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts