Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week a buddy bought one of these: Zero FX Electric Motorcycle || ZERO MOTORCYCLES

He brought it over this weekend and I got to take it for a spin. What a riot, the thing flies. More torque than a 1200 Sportster, and it weighs less than me. Weird not having any noise other than tires, wind, and a smidge of motor whirr.

First thing I said when I got off it was that he needs a set of supermoto wheels/rubber to swap on. And then he told me they make the FXS model, which is exactly that.

The want is real.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Whatever happened to "loud pipes save lives"??? Seriously for as quiet as some of the cars are I would think a mute 2 wheeler would be a death wish. Don't you??

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,644 Posts
Where's the pics? I think rider did a short piece on some e bike, and they said it is easy to get in trouble based on no noise, it leads to going faster than you think you are.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not quick???

Well, I don't know official performance stats, but the digital speedo couldn't come close to keeping up on a 0-70 sprint. :dunno:

Just under 80 foot pounds of torque with a machine weight around 250 pounds will do that.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Not quick???

Well, I don't know official performance stats, but the digital speedo couldn't come close to keeping up on a 0-70 sprint. :dunno:

Just under 80 foot pounds of torque with a machine weight around 250 pounds will do that.
Around 4 second 0-60, which isnt bad.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I'd love any kind of ebike. Alta is pushing limits with the dirtbikes. There is a Luna cycle thing that I'd love to have. Buddy has a battery assisted pedal bike, I made fun of it for years, til the day I tried it. Electric power is the best.

·
Premium Member
2019 Pros switchback
2,388 Posts
Looking forward to first electric mx race at spring creek!!:bc:

Still remember first 4 strokes on track thinking no way they will compete with the 2's!!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking forward to first electric mx race at spring creek!!:bc:

Still remember first 4 strokes on track thinking no way they will compete with the 2's!!
The buddy that owns the bike I rode mentioned that MX events here and there have outlawed electrics since it's such an advantage to not have to shift. Grip and rip.

The Alta supermoto really looks fun, more torque than the Zero with barely more weight. :buttrock:

·
Premium Member
2019 Pros switchback
2,388 Posts
Give them a class and let them run!!
Imagine how quiet it would be??
Cards in spokes of wheels to hear them coming!!:whistle:
we will see it someday?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Whatever happened to "loud pipes save lives"??? Seriously for as quiet as some of the cars are I would think a mute 2 wheeler would be a death wish. Don't you??
That is a proven line of bullshit. Loud pipes do nothing other than make people look at you after you have gone by them.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I would like to think that electric bikes could open off road riding areas. We had places to ride around here 15-20 years ago but they are all gone and noise was one of the contributors. Unless you are lucky enough to own or know someone that owns a place dirt bikes are not worth owning around here. Hell even the Capped landfill in town could become a mx track!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would like to think that electric bikes could open off road riding areas. We had places to ride around here 15-20 years ago but they are all gone and noise was one of the contributors. Unless you are lucky enough to own or know someone that owns a place dirt bikes are not worth owning around here. Hell even the Capped landfill in town could become a mx track!
True.

My buddy with the Zero has a huge chunk of property, and a large portion of it is hilly and wooded. He used to be big into motocross (now more of a dual-sport guy) and has established some cool trails in the woods. He said it’s a whole new world back there on the electric bike, very little noise so all the wildlife is there to see, and he enjoys the tranquility of going for early morning rides. He said he’d be hard pressed to buy another gas bike for his uses after owning the Zero.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts