Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day !
I am putting hand and thumb warmers on the wifes sled and I need some help.
I have a yellow wire. 2 brown wires that go into the same plug, and a green wire, and of course the wires to the warmers them selves.
It has a 2 way switch thumb or hand and thumb settings.
When I bought the machine the plug was never hooked up so I have no idea what wire goes where.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good day !
I am putting hand and thumb warmers on the wifes sled and I need some help.
I have a yellow wire. 2 brown wires that go into the same plug, and a green wire, and of course the wires to the warmers them selves.
It has a 2 way switch thumb or hand and thumb settings.
When I bought the machine the plug was never hooked up so I have no idea what wire goes where.[/b]
You might want to mention what sled your wife has. I'll take a stab it at however. I have a toggle switch on a '97 Jag where up is the thumb warmer and down is the thumb and hand warmers. When you pull the switch out and look directly at the back of it, there are four posts. upper left is the thumb warmer (one black), upper right is for the hand warmers (two black), lower left would be green or yellow, and lower right would be your two brown wires.

Hopefully it is the same switch.

I am also looking for a way to test the thumb warmer. I just put in a new wire harness/thumb warmer and am still not getting any heat from it. How would I test the switch?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
Yep thats the same switch, I finnaly got pissed off and bought a shop manual for it.
It's a 97 Z440 by the way.
As for testing the switch I would think a test light would work, but if the wiring is any thing like mine the circut is backwards.
the power goes to the warmer then to the switch then to the ground.
Good luck and thanks again for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.