Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
In what way?

Overall the new one is lighter feeling and spools up quicker. A little more 2stroke like power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be expected, the twin, which has a 360-degree crank, needs a heavy crankshaft/flywheel to keep it running. The triple, with its closer firing intervals, needs less weight. Less weight = less inertia = faster response. A four-cylinder would spool up faster yet, etc...

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
To be expected, the twin, which has a 360-degree crank, needs a heavy crankshaft/flywheel to keep it running. The triple, with its closer firing intervals, needs less weight. Less weight = less inertia = faster response. A four-cylinder would spool up faster yet, etc...
,,but the crankshaft is longer on a 3 and 4 cylinder vs. a twin, so I don't know if the crank is lighter-- wouldn't think it is. Its not like the twin is an old 2 cylinder John Deere tractor.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
,,but the crankshaft is longer on a 3 and 4 cylinder vs. a twin, so I don't know if the crank is lighter-- wouldn't think it is. Its not like the twin is an old 2 cylinder John Deere tractor.
Never said it was and the comment was not meant to be disparaging. It's simple physics. The more cylinders/more firing events, the less flywheel is needed...

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Didn't take it as disparaging. Guess I don't have any idea where you said a heavier crankshaft. 👆👆👆

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Hey Snap, are you still on a 1100?
Yes,, but would LOVE a new TCat with EPS ! Tough to justify with only 5000 miles on the '15. Seems like the other "old" guys on here that got their versions love the sled. My buddy's Winder LTX- GT with EPS showed up at the dealer on April 3rd. Anxious to ride it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes,, but would LOVE a new TCat with EPS ! Tough to justify with only 5000 miles on the '15. Seems like the other "old" guys on here that got their versions love the sled. My buddy's Winder LTX- GT with EPS showed up at the dealer on April 3rd. Anxious to ride it.
I have road the Apex with the p/s and it is very nice. I am sure the Tcat would be a sweet sled. Gary has the red/white 50th anniversary Winder with the PT tune and QS3 shocks. It is a very nice sled.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Hey Dave, Have you adjusted the valves yet?

·
Premium Member
22,038 Posts
X2. I had one of the first hijacker boxes that Dnd ever sold in 2009. So early that it did not come with a box, plug-ins, or instruction Dale and Glen had to walk me through installation over the phone. There was cutting of wires and soldering involved . When I started turning up the boost I had never been so happy in my life with a performance add-on. That little box and a straight pipe, bolted on 100 hp in a few hours. Wow. I had a big bore F1200 and a fairly built 1000 at the time. No comparison. Zero.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
X2. I had one of the first hijacker boxes that Dnd ever sold in 2009. So early that it did not come with a box, plug-ins, or instruction Dale and Glen had to walk me through installation over the phone. There was cutting of wires and soldering involved . When I started turning up the boost I had never been so happy in my life with a performance add-on. That little box and a straight pipe, bolted on 100 hp in a few hours. Wow. I had a big bore F1200 and a fairly built 1000 at the time. No comparison. Zero.
I dealt with Glen a lot, always a very helpful guy.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts