Hardcore Sledder banner

Z1 Turbo

6921 43
How many are still riding a Z1? This will be my first year on one but I have rode a couple quite a bit, friends sleds. I know they are heavy but the chassis fits me and they ride pretty smooth. I am addicted to the pull of the turbo.
I am buying a 2009 Sno Pro with just over 1000 miles with some goodies! I love summer but can't wait for winter now!
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Window Fuel tank
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you’ve ridden one, then you know it’s heavy. Great sled though. Turn up the boost and go
I have been riding Yamaha 4 strokes since 2006 so I am no stranger to heavy sleds. I love the 4 cylinder Yamaha motor but the chassis just site too low for me now. The Twin Spar sits up so much higher. I am not excited at all. Just talking sleds in June with 86 degrees and full sun :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Things that I like about the Twin Spar
They are comfortable to ride, roomy, reliable, decent looks. I wish this one had the heated seat but it can be added later. The main reason I love these sleds is they are affordable and they have BOOST!! The power they make with a tune is addictive. I have always said you can never have too much power. I rode my friends 2010 Z1 on his TD 270 tune on a hard pack U.P. road. That ripp changed my mind. The sled spun the track (it is loaded with huge studs) until 100 mph before settling down. It was violent is all I can say. That was my first taste at that much power and I loved it. To be honest the first time on the 235 tune blew my mind. So yes the power these sleds make is old news to most of you but new to me and I am excited!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes,, but would LOVE a new TCat with EPS ! Tough to justify with only 5000 miles on the '15. Seems like the other "old" guys on here that got their versions love the sled. My buddy's Winder LTX- GT with EPS showed up at the dealer on April 3rd. Anxious to ride it.
I have road the Apex with the p/s and it is very nice. I am sure the Tcat would be a sweet sled. Gary has the red/white 50th anniversary Winder with the PT tune and QS3 shocks. It is a very nice sled.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes,, but would LOVE a new TCat with EPS ! Tough to justify with only 5000 miles on the '15. Seems like the other "old" guys on here that got their versions love the sled. My buddy's Winder LTX- GT with EPS showed up at the dealer on April 3rd. Anxious to ride it.

Hey Dave, Have you adjusted the valves yet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts