Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How many are still riding a Z1? This will be my first year on one but I have rode a couple quite a bit, friends sleds. I know they are heavy but the chassis fits me and they ride pretty smooth. I am addicted to the pull of the turbo.
I am buying a 2009 Sno Pro with just over 1000 miles with some goodies! I love summer but can't wait for winter now!
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Window Fuel tank

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you’ve ridden one, then you know it’s heavy. Great sled though. Turn up the boost and go
I have been riding Yamaha 4 strokes since 2006 so I am no stranger to heavy sleds. I love the 4 cylinder Yamaha motor but the chassis just site too low for me now. The Twin Spar sits up so much higher. I am not excited at all. Just talking sleds in June with 86 degrees and full sun :)

·
Premium Member
22,039 Posts
My Yamaha buddy’s had Every model of sled, new, back in the day. The one guy still has a few of them (the first one with power steering whatever that is, the first Apex, a Nytro etc etc) He put a turbo charger on one, a supercharger on another, and they have to be pretty strung out and well tuned to make the power of the Z1 turbo. I think you’ll like it very much

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Despite its weight and less than stellar looks, the Twin Spar was a fantastic trail riding chassis. Not the quickest handler but so easy to ride and all-day comfortable. The turbo twin also got the job done, with gobs of accessible torque. Nice find!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Despite its weight and less than stellar looks, the Twin Spar was a fantastic trail riding chassis. Not the quickest handler but so easy to ride and all-day comfortable. The turbo twin also got the job done, with gobs of accessible torque. Nice find!
I put 13 seasons on my 2007 Z1 non turbo.The biggest maintenance item you will have is valve adjustment at approximately 5-6k mileage. I new it was time when it would repeatedly stall when coming to a stop.Very dependable sled ,put over 13k on it✅ Always get up to temp before shutting off,to avoid fowling plugs

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I put 13 seasons on my 2007 Z1 non turbo.The biggest maintenance item you will have is valve adjustment at approximately 5-6k mileage. I new it was time when it would repeatedly stall when coming to a stop.Very dependable sled ,put over 13k on it✅ Always get up to temp before shutting off,to avoid fowling plugs
All trail versions (Twin Spar and ProCross) of the Suzuki 1056cc twin are some of the most underrated sleds ever made. Not flashy or the most adrenaline-inducing mounts ever built, they are solid, reliable, competent and enjoyable trail sleds.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Things that I like about the Twin Spar
They are comfortable to ride, roomy, reliable, decent looks. I wish this one had the heated seat but it can be added later. The main reason I love these sleds is they are affordable and they have BOOST!! The power they make with a tune is addictive. I have always said you can never have too much power. I rode my friends 2010 Z1 on his TD 270 tune on a hard pack U.P. road. That ripp changed my mind. The sled spun the track (it is loaded with huge studs) until 100 mph before settling down. It was violent is all I can say. That was my first taste at that much power and I loved it. To be honest the first time on the 235 tune blew my mind. So yes the power these sleds make is old news to most of you but new to me and I am excited!

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
I just bought a 2010 Z1 ext, last winter, love the sled, 3000 miles, I had a 2012 pro cross first year sled lots of alignment problems. Sold it, I love the motor lots of potential if you want to boost, I have a 2017 ZR limited turbo at 270hp, it flies. Rides great but I really like the twin spar, I can ride all day cruising the z1, the 17 is real quick, fast but high off the ground sometimes hard to keep engine cool even with scratcher. I just rebuilt all the suspension, powder coated. Front and rear On the Z1. I’m keeping it stock.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts