Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I think cat needs to make some readjustments to this thing BIG TIME!! First off it is 100 dollars cheaper than the f-7 it has 22 hp less and wiegh's the same. Im not doubting it wont be fast for a 600 but it will not beat any of today's power valved 700 and the rev 600 will beat it im pretty sure. So is the f-6 really worth the money? I dont think so.

·
Registered
593 Posts
tHAT IS MSRP, MY F7 SNOPRO IS 8,469 MSRP AND I GOT IT FOR 7,469. THE F6 WILL BE MUCH LESS IN THE SPRING WHEN TTHERE IS A LARGER QUANITY, AS FOR IT GETTING BEAT BUY THE REV 600, WHERES THE PROOF, IT HASN'T EVEN HIT THE SNO YET, JUST WAIT THAT SLED IS GOING TO ROCK.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i think it looks really sweet but they should have put a little more power in it because the f5 has what like 110 hp and the f6 has 118 for the money you spend you don't get much more sled

·
Registered
65 Posts
It has the F-7's bottom end so it will have a long stroke, hence more torque down low. "IF" it has a proper bore-stroke ratio, it will be plenty fast. You won' know until it hit the snow.... B)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ditch Jumper,
Yes, AC released the F6 today, in limited numbers. Check it out at www.arctic-cat.com

I think the F6 looks pretty sweet. I wish it had come last spring with the others. My wife really wanted a Firecat. But, she felt the f7 was too much sled, and the F5 wasn't EFI (which she insisted on having). She would have loved the F6. But, she really does love her ZL 600 EFI with the SS suspension.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a splendid idea, green f7 sno pro change bellypan to black and remove all decals and paint center hood black. i will have the fastest 600 out there!!! HEHE

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
The 600 is in the lineup because of the high insurance rates for high hp sleds over 600cc. It is a 03.5 release with a 04 price tag. Next years F7 will retail for a lot more than 100. more than the F7. We as Cat owners should not complain about too many models. Other brand owners would give their left one to have more models.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Mainecat@Jan 14 2003, 07:30 PM
The 600 is in the lineup because of the high insurance rates for high hp sleds over 600cc.
Insurance may also be the reason that the HP just happened to come in at 118 instead of 120. Marc

·
Registered
477 Posts
Com on guys. We don't live in a magical world. You cannot "give" a sled any hp you want. There are many concerns and limitations including cost and reliablity. 118 out of a 600 is very respectable, infact side by side with the best there is right now. Should it beat a 700? No, that's what the F7 is for. Pricing will be right in line for production units in 04 but remember the economies of scale apply for bigger sleds, - recall the F5 vs F7.

·
Registered
477 Posts
This being said I forgot to mention there is alot more potential in these things. Cat was seeing 125 - 128 hp in developement. Perhaps for 04 production we will see more. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love the new graphics
wish it had a little more HP.
I would if they changed the rear skid mounting(like the 03 snopro)
and if it has 10 tooth driver or 9 tooth(like 03 snopro)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic+Jan 14 2003, 07:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mainecat
@Jan 14 2003, 07:30 PM
The 600 is in the lineup because of the high insurance rates for high hp sleds over 600cc.
Insurance may also be the reason that the HP just happened to come in at 118 instead of 120. Marc[/b]
I think your right....I also think it will run just fine.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
MOST insurance companies are writing policies based on sled (ie; performance / trail) NOT the size of the engine. Also, the F5 dynoed out at 104 HP.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was into see my dealer last night after work. He told me that the F6 is $500 cheaper then the F7 and $500 more then the F5.

I can't see anyone who owns an F7 trading down for an F6. To save $100 in an insurance premium? That first ride on the F7 when you experience that power is worth $100!!!

I see the F6 market for the ones that won't to buy this year but decided to what one year, till they got the bugs out. Personally, I'm glad I didn't wait. This F7 is one awesome snowmobile! Best one I've every ridden!

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Maybe not pottenger, but you will see people go up who could not get coverage above 600 cc's. This sled will be sweet. The perfect size sled that happens to fall in the best selling category. Nice job cat!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts