Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode up 45mins to get to the groomer. Partner was grooming the track for the Radar Run.

Hopped in groomer and started out. Snow is a bit thin but packing well, getting a good base.
Through a few fields, trails are marked good.
Met truck coming down a narrow path (12 ft wide). Hmm we are in 3/4 mile he is in 1/4 mile. Follow him as he backs out. Claims he did not know it was a snowmobile trail. Missed the blue, white and red hints at the end of the trail.
Stop at the bush and put up the last 6 corner signs from where I ran out last weekend. Scared the wild turkeys. I did not know they can fly that high and land in the trees. Out of the bush through more fields. Pounded in 2 more stakes, did not like the distance between stakes, field is a bit hilly.
Slow day, met 2 girls out riding.

After 4 hrs finished with groomer. It's a good day only Noon. Time to go out and check the north trails and stop for lunch.

Hop on sleds and off we go.

Stop for lunch. Trails are looking good. Should be a nice leisurely ride back.

Find stop sign mowed over at road crossing. Install sign and post.
See three distant sleds coming up trail. Sleds stop. Wait for sleds. Sleds creep forward and stop. Wait for sleds. Sleds finally drive up. Sleds switch position. Stop sleds. First sled goes past. Little person on second sled stops. Father of little person comes back to explain why 10 yr old is riding without permit down trail.

Find stop ahead sign mowed over 100m from the stop sign. Install signpost. See pattern developing.

Find stakes mowed down in a nice row. Put up as many stakes as are still in one piece. Find end of mowed down stakes. 7 signs/ stakes down.

Check map boxes. Still have maps. Go around corner and see missing stakes. Look across field, hmmm, stakes are missing on both sides. Pretty sure staking was done last time I checked.
Follow trail and pick up broken stakes, see where snowmobile did U-turn, follow tracks back and pick up rest of stakes. Total 14 stakes down.
Met 3 more riders, all with permits and happy. Thumbs up as they went by. Good day for a ride.

Stop back at clubhouse and relay information to North groomer operator to take extra stakes and signs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was in Alliston (hope it was not you.. hmm come on over and let me check for orange marks :cheeburga: )
Not TP, was just checking the trail conditions and re-staking the signs. So just talked to them about the trails, kids, licensing, etc. The two newer sleds had permits and the older (mid 80's citation?) did not. They seemed to be good guys, did not take it bad and I am sure now with more information they will keep the non permit sled in their field with the kids on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts