Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard it is to put new handgrips on??? I bought some red Acerbis hand guards and think I want to put my yellow hand grips on now!!!! Do you just have to blow air in the grip and pull them off, or are the hand warmers going to prevent that!!! Any info would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I installed red grips and it was pretty easy. Take a razor blade and lightly score the grips all the way across. Dont cut to deep or you will hit the warmers. Next cut the end of the grip off and then you can peel the grip down the score line.

To install the new ones lubricate the inside of the grips with hairspray and push the grips on. They push pretty hard and you may have to twist them some as you push. Do it as quick as you can so the hairspray doesn't start to dry or you will be screwed.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
i just installed mine the other night and it took less than 2 minutes, seriously. you dont need to cut anything. might need another person to help though. plug the hole in the end of the opposite grip you are gonna take off and shove an air nozzle from an air compressor in the hole. rotate back and forth and the grip will slide off. do the same thing for installing. no need to lubricate the grips. might want to heat em a little if it is real cold (with hair dryer)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts