Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna make the drive 770 miles, to tughill
do ineed a trail permiy for ny
my sled is registered in illinois, is that all that is required?

·
Registered
252 Posts
No trail permit needed. But it would be nice if contribution to the trail fund is made. Jars at any bar/eatery you would stop at. Probably be there Friday the 27. But it's only an hour and a half for me.

Have fun and stay safe!
catfish

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds great,
anything special i need to know?
have sno-pro f7 with 13/8" track, should do fine
where do we get trail maps? probally gas station?!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys i'll be on my red team arctic with black nose piece, orange/chrome windshield,
stop me and say hi
like to ride with you guys, you know the area
there will be seven of us, a few polaris's oh well

·
Registered
237 Posts
You have to reg your sled in New York . Take your
ins card and Ill reg and be able to show you paid
sales tax some were! You will have to get there
when the DMV is open or mail it to them. It takes
about 2 weeks to get it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
once you get in The tug hill you can get a map anywhere, stores gas staion dinners, anywhere near the trails, where are you going to start from?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey dave , I live at tug hill if you need any help or information feel free to send me an e-mail and I will give you my phone # . thats a long drive to go riding , if i can help with anything let me know . E-mail = [email protected] .

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my illinois registration wont do huh?
what happens if i dont register in newyork
can't you buy a permit for trails like everywere else, if not were is the dmv?

i cant believe i have to register the sled to ride 3 days, is there a temp registration they give you?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sabrecat,
staying at a bed and breakfast in turin
donna someone owns it, sounds really nice, said shes on trail , have to cross a bridge and park across the street, does this ring a bell???????????????///////

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, you have to get an out-of-state NY registration. I can't remeber how much it is, but its not cheap ($35 I think). If oyu get caught without it you'll get fined. And there is a good chance you could get caught at Tug Hill around Christmas/New Years. Also, there are a few areas around Tug Hill that I think require special permits as well (like Old Forge). Check http:/www.nydmv.state.ny.us/ to find DMV office locations and hours (usually limited). I assume you don't have 2-3 weeks to do it by mail?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yes old forge you need a permit on some trails, but you can ride all day and not go to old forge, the permit trails are marked on the mapp.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hey dave let me no if you are staying at the old church inn, Maybe I will meet you there and ride with you guys if you dont mind. Just let me no where and when like what time.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sabrecat,
the couple who own the b&b are donna and jack,
its located on east main st,
they told me there is a little bridge across the street, to get to their parking
only $25 per night per guy, includes homecooked breakfast
my e-mail address is [email protected] or [email protected]

definetly would help if we had someone who knew the area,
i guess i'll have to find a dmv and try to register?
not alot time to ride hate to spend it at the dmv!!!!!!!!!
we should be there by 1p.m. tomorrow, leaving chicago at midnight tonight

also can you get permits as you enter old forge?

were used to michigan riding, $21 and you can ride anywhere in the state
thanks for all your help
Dave

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sabrecat,
just trying to keep this on main page for you to see,
i will be bringing my laptop with me so i can probaly send you a post tomorrow when we get to turin!!
if the b&b will let me use there phone line,
i'll check back later for a update
thanks
DAVE

·
Registered
743 Posts
Becarefull driving we are getting nailed with snow right now I am talking 3 to 4 inch an hour, and will be doing it all night they say, There might be to much snow to ride on, Last time this happend if you went off the trail it took many people and a hour to get back on it, they are saying we could see up to 2 feet by morning, E-mail me at [email protected]

Rich

·
Registered
38 Posts
Old forge you can pickup a permit right in the town........Old forge trails get groomed a whole lot more then the trails at the Hill but the riding is great either place ....cause there getting pounded right now....I will be heading up there tomorrow after work.
HAve fun and be safe
Rick :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts