Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha will be at Red River Yamaha for demo rides Jan 17th 2008 10am to 6 pm.

Red River Yamaha is located at 8184 Henderson Hwy North. That is aprox Halfway between Lockport and Selkirk on the east side of the river.

See you there.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
ya i used to think my sled was awesome. But until i drove my dads friends machine (2006 yamaha rs rage) I never want to go back...until we sell our lee-river cottage and get that money because i want a 06-07 yamaha nytro or 2008 vector!

·
Registered
79 Posts
ya i used to think my sled was awesome. But until i drove my dads friends machine (2006 yamaha rs rage) I never want to go back...until we sell our lee-river cottage and get that money because i want a 06-07 yamaha nytro or 2008 vector![/b]
just came back from yamaha demo ride rode everything, the nitro fx was interesting good power, had to much carbide back end wanted to pass the front end, i thought it lacked power in the deep snow (but then it was not a long track), great on hard pack , good acceleration to about 80 then drops off, would be a good ditch banger, seems to like the big bumps , rode the vector short and long track good sled nice power, nice trail sled, long track was good in the deep. took out the 40th appex 136 nice sled in powder needs wider ski,s takes awhile to get ontop the snow but once there will run good, nice on trails 150 has lots of torque. the last sled i rode and had a blast on was the phazer not enough power but fun hold it to the pin and go, light and easy to throw around, oh the only sled i did not ride was the venture lite to damn ugly.
after saying all this one has to realize that none of these sleds were setup to my wieght and riding style however i think yamaha has done a good job. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
52 Posts
just came back from yamaha demo ride rode everything, the nitro fx was interesting good power, had to much carbide back end wanted to pass the front end, i thought it lacked power in the deep snow (but then it was not a long track), great on hard pack , good acceleration to about 80 then drops off, would be a good ditch banger, seems to like the big bumps , rode the vector short and long track good sled nice power, nice trail sled, long track was good in the deep. took out the 40th appex 136 nice sled in powder needs wider ski,s takes awhile to get ontop the snow but once there will run good, nice on trails 150 has lots of torque. the last sled i rode and had a blast on was the phazer not enough power but fun hold it to the pin and go, light and easy to throw around, oh the only sled i did not ride was the venture lite to damn ugly.
after saying all this one has to realize that none of these sleds were setup to my wieght and riding style however i think yamaha has done a good job. just my 2 cents.[/b]
How long did the Yamaha guys let you have on each sled???

·
Registered
79 Posts
How long did the Yamaha guys let you have on each sled???[/b]
there was only one guy from yamaha he just brought the sleds to the dealership, the dealer said jump on and go i was out for over half and hour with one sled i spent about 20 min on the others, some it took out twice, i took out my apex and raced the nitro, then we raced the nitro against the vector, then the nitro against the vector longtrack, nitro hooked upgood.

·
Registered
52 Posts
there was only one guy from yamaha he just brought the sleds to the dealership, the dealer said jump on and go i was out for over half and hour with one sled i spent about 20 min on the others, some it took out twice, i took out my apex and raced the nitro, then we raced the nitro against the vector, then the nitro against the vector longtrack, nitro hooked upgood.[/b]
I heard there is a Yamaha demo on the 19th at the 59er. I'll have to go to that one:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I heard there is a Yamaha demo on the 19th at the 59er. I'll have to go to that one:)[/b]
Hey is that true i would really like to go out and try out some of the new yamaha's i was planning on goin to the red river yamaha one but if its at the 59er on the 19th i might as well go there nice and close for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts