Hardcore Sledder banner

Yamaha Bravo Oil Recovery Tank Mystery Fitting

1575 6
Hi Guys. Just turning to the wisdom of the group here. I have 2 Yamaha Bravos, one is a 1991 and the other is a 1990 Transporter. They both have an oil recovery tank strapped to the underside of the consol. On these oil recovery tanks there is a fitting that points downwards that at one point had tubing attached to it, but in both cases the tubing is gone. Does anybody know where this tubing was supposed to go? Also, what size is it supposed to be. I've included some pictures, the fuel tank has been removed in the photos, and there is a ratchet handle pointing at the fitting in question. Thanks everyone.

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle door Gas Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system Fender
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Had one for my son long time ago and was great fun dependable sled. The vent in question I’m sure is only a vent tube that used to go in front of the chain cast and vent through the belly pan. Some vented back to right and vented down inside the cowling by your right foot. Any size fuel in that you can get over the end will work and if your line is a little big just clamp it. You can run without it but it’s messy and smelly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the great info and speedy replies, guys! I thought I should mention that the ugly yellow tubing coming off the left side of the box (right as you look at in the picture) seems to be a vent tube as well, it goes down and out the bottom of the belly pan. Does that seem correct? Do you figure the fitting with no line on it is for venting as well? I did notice injection oil dripping out of the fitting with no tube, so I think directing that oil out the bottom makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts