Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Claim from Speedwerx web site
High Flow Y-Pipe

Easy bolt on power and lots of it! No B.S. just straight-up usa horsepower! 2007 1000cc models gain 7-8 HP with no fuel mods required.

2007 800cc Models gain 3-4 HP with no fuel mods! All of our Y-Pipes fit stock single pipe or Speedwerx aftermarket single pipes. All y-pipes come ceramic coated for a great look that will last. For even more power check out our high flow intake set-ups and Fat Daddy Single Pipes!

Sold me Bought one and the Hi-flow air

I don't understand how the Y-Pipe's from both D&D and Speedwerx can have different test results one said No fuel mods (Speedwerx) the other D&D Y needs the $400 bonedocker.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Claim from Speedwerx web site
High Flow Y-Pipe

Easy bolt on power and lots of it! No B.S. just straight-up usa horsepower! 2007 1000cc models gain 7-8 HP with no fuel mods required.

2007 800cc Models gain 3-4 HP with no fuel mods! All of our Y-Pipes fit stock single pipe or Speedwerx aftermarket single pipes. All y-pipes come ceramic coated for a great look that will last. For even more power check out our high flow intake set-ups and Fat Daddy Single Pipes!

Sold me Bought one and the Hi-flow air
I don't understand how the Y-Pipe's from both D&D and Speedwerx can have different test results one said No fuel mods (Speedwerx) the other D&D Y needs the $400 bonedocker.[/b]
YOU DO NOT NEED A BOONDOCKER WITH THE D&D Y PIPE ON A F SLED. It has been said all along but posts like this keep popping up just to see what kind of shit can get started .

Guys are going to go one way or the other .....and it is great to have a choice . D&D and SPEEDWERX both have great products ....from the test results I have seen.... the y pipes from both companies are fairly close in hp so it would only make sense if one needed a boondocker then so would the other and vice versa if it was determined it did not .

Why is it that if Speedwerx says you do not need to add fuel that is ok but if D&D says it ....the whole disscussion is followed by a huge controversy from guys who do even care because they don't use D&D stuff anyway ???????

Thats why you put D&D y pipe = blow up in your topic title ....you already have the Speedwerx Y and you really don't care what or why about anything else ... nor do you even know if they blow sleds up or not ..........and you shouldn't as long as you are happy ....that is what is most important .

OVER 1500 Y PIPES SOLD AND NOT ONE SINGLE BURN DOWN ON A F SLED BECAUSE OF ONE .

·
Registered
353 Posts
YOU DO NOT NEED A BOONDOCKER WITH THE D&D Y PIPE ON A F SLED. It has been said all along but posts like this keep popping up just to see what kind of shit can get started .

Guys are going to go one way or the other .....and it is great to have a choice . D&D and SPEEDWERX both have great products ....from the test results I have seen.... the y pipes from both companies are fairly close in hp so it would only make sense if one needed a boondocker then so would the other and vice versa if it was determined it did not .

Why is it that if Speedwerx says you do not need to add fuel that is ok but if D&D says it ....the whole disscussion is followed by a huge controversy from guys who do even care because they don't use D&D stuff anyway ???????

Thats why you put D&D y pipe = blow up in your topic title ....you already have the Speedwerx Y and you really don't care what or why about anything else ... nor do you even know if they blow sleds up or not ..........and you shouldn't as long as you are happy ....that is what is most important .

OVER 1500 Y PIPES SOLD AND NOT ONE SINGLE BURN DOWN ON A F SLED BECAUSE OF ONE .[/b]
:eek:wned:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the blow ups have been the D&D y-pipe and or BullsEyes Thats why I purchased Speedwerx!!! and speedwerx aleast would call me back and answer my e-mail. D&D would not even call me back reply to my e-mails or a fax i sent them just an FYI
Not starting shit as you say, I wanted to know if there was a differance in design.
I had D&D stuff on my 03F7 by the way,

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
All the blow ups have been the D&D y-pipe and or BullsEyes Thats why I purchased Speedwerx!!! and speedwerx aleast would call me back and answer my e-mail. D&D would not even call me back reply to my e-mails or a fax i sent them just an FYI
Not starting shit as you say, I wanted to know if there was a differance in design.
I had D&D stuff on my 03F7 by the way,[/b]

...NOPE..they havent been all from sleds with y pipes AT ALL.

We only sell to dealers,so thats who I talk to all day everyday.We have hundreds of Cat dealers on file. I can tell you this....many of the ones that went down have been BONE STOCK.
The internet has warned people...cat has played on it and used that for an excuse to buy time(sending out letter to say"don't use aftermarket stuff on our sleds")...but Cat KNOWS they have a problem with some sleds out there.

It is not ALL of these 1000's ,because lots of dealers also have plenty that run fine,even with a D&D Y-pipe and air mods,..but there are some. My opinion taken from this is that if it goes down:
a) it will happen in the first 50 miles
b) it would happen anyway with or without the y-pipe.

Dale @ daltonindustries.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I own the D&D pipe and have ran for 325 miles with NO issues. Before you slam a product with such a blanket statement " all the ones that have blown have D&D" make sure your facts are that FACTS. When someone spews a speculated answer such as that witout proof all it does is erase anydoubt about your objectivity and knowlage. I just don't understand why someone would make a post like that? But I have said enough. I just remembered that saying about argueing with an idiot.........

·
Registered
588 Posts
WE NEED SNOW :banghead: :banghead: Then all this bullshit will be forgotten about. :no_bashing: Alot of sleds are blowing up stock so there is more to this than many think and cat is lucky we have no snow because it's buying them time to figure out the problem. To say that 1 Y- pipe will blow the sled up and not the other is rediculous they are within 1-2 hp and I have used products from both company's and both make some great product's. PLEASE SNOW :drunk:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I had D&D stuff on my 03F7 by the way,[/b]
:sleep3: :lam:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I posted this on arctic chat to a similar topic there. Thought I would post here as well.

This is really old at this point. You people read a few things on the internet
and get scared and now its the aftermarkets fault. I have D&D y-pipe and bullseyes on my F1000
and although I only have 100 miles on, most of them were to the bar. I made at least 50 runs of
1/2 to 3/4 of a mile WFO with temps anywhere from 10-20 degrees F without issue. I also cruised it
between 40 and 60 MPH for 5-10 miles at a time also without issue. Seems pretty safe to me.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The whole point of asking this was Y are there no complants from people with the speedwerx y-pipe and is the design different.[/b]

The Speedwerx y pipe is slightly longer then the D&D pipe, which also make it fit a little better, the original run of SW y pipes were also ceramic coated. If you don't have a boondocker with either, it would be a very good idea to run premium fuel.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The whole point of asking this was Y are there no complants from people with the speedwerx y-pipe and is the design different.[/b]
then why not ask that qwestion instead of being a jackoff. honestly all the BS on this subject is just flat getting old. Dead1Dave has posted many times on this subject and that with those mods a boondocker is not needed. if u cant except that there Y is not burning down sleds then by all means dont buy one,its qwite simple. some of u guys are going to run off the guys on this site that are here to help and frankly it pisses me off.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
then why not ask that qwestion instead of being a jackoff. honestly all the BS on this subject is just flat getting old. Dead1Dave has posted many times on this subject and that with those mods a boondocker is not needed. if u cant except that there Y is not burning down sleds then by all means dont buy one,its qwite simple. some of u guys are going to run off the guys on this site that are here to help and frankly it pisses me off.[/b]
Sorry, I forgot my advertisment too!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
NBTWFO-Have you even got an 07 sled ??? A couple of weeks ago you were riding an X-Fire. You have 1 decent post in your last 20 on here,all you do is try to stir shit up so go AWAY you azzhole.
You are as low as they get !!!!!!!!!!! Go buy a ski-doo to match your wifes sled,which is probably what you truely ride anyways. How can you even ride a Cat the way you bitch about them, according to your previous post it's melting, it doesn't turn for shit,it back fires, it will only go 90 mph,bla bla bla. :tease: :tease: :tease: I run a Speedwerx pipe so don't give me the D&D fan line [allthough I believe they make good products] you are just a BASHING piece of SHIT !!!! Go back to doo talk would you !!!!!
David Crampton

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NBTWFO-Have you even got an 07 sled ??? A couple of weeks ago you were riding an X-Fire. You have 1 decent post in your last 20 on here,all you do is try to stir shit up so go AWAY you azzhole.
You are as low as they get !!!!!!!!!!! Go buy a ski-doo to match your wifes sled,which is probably what you truely ride anyways. How can you even ride a Cat the way you bitch about them, according to your previous post it's melting, it doesn't turn for shit,it back fires, it will only go 90 mph,bla bla bla. :tease: :tease: :tease: I run a Speedwerx pipe so don't give me the D&D fan line [allthough I believe they make good products] you are just a BASHING piece of SHIT !!!! Go back to doo talk would you !!!!!
David Crampton[/b]
It wasn't ment to be a Ford vs Chevy question,but I did worded incorrectly.sorry
I took the Stud Boy Deuce bars off and put on 8" woodys and the sled turns great with no push anymore
All I ever asked was for suggestions from you so call experts
also Cat told my dealer there are ECU problems and it will be fixed monday (Backfires and melting plastic)
Your the kind of guy that would hit someone with there back turned I'm sure
X post was for a friends sled we were working on.
heres a pic of my garage

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
...NOPE..they havent been all from sleds with y pipes AT ALL.

We only sell to dealers,so thats who I talk to all day everyday.We have hundreds of Cat dealers on file. I can tell you this....many of the ones that went down have been BONE STOCK.
The internet has warned people...cat has played on it and used that for an excuse to buy time(sending out letter to say"don't use aftermarket stuff on our sleds")...but Cat KNOWS they have a problem with some sleds out there.

It is not ALL of these 1000's ,because lots of dealers also have plenty that run fine,even with a D&D Y-pipe and air mods,..but there are some. My opinion taken from this is that if it goes down:
a) it will happen in the first 50 miles
b) it would happen anyway with or without the y-pipe.

Dale @ daltonindustries.[/b]
AMEN :div20:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.