Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a 1996 polaris XLT that is completely stock and i have a 136" bombardier track which is 15" wide its a 1" track with studs not sure how many but i was wondering how much im looking at spending would u think? I can get the tunnle extension done for free but what other will i have to pay for? rail ext. are like 105 or so what else is needed and will this reduce low end alot or what other problems could i be running into with the sled if i do this

Thanks!
tanner

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Hi guys i have a 1996 polaris XLT that is completely stock and i have a 136" bombardier track which is 15" wide its a 1" track with studs not sure how many but i was wondering how much im looking at spending would u think? I can get the tunnle extension done for free but what other will i have to pay for? rail ext. are like 105 or so what else is needed and will this reduce low end alot or what other problems could i be running into with the sled if i do this

Thanks!
tanner[/b]
it is a way do-able conversion, all you need is the tunnel extension and some rail extensions. i would drop your gearing as well, lower the top sprocket count by one tooth and you should be golden.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
it is a way do-able conversion, all you need is the tunnel extension and some rail extensions. i would drop your gearing as well, lower the top sprocket count by one tooth and you should be golden.[/b]

Don't you have to move the bottom of the chaincase away from the tunnel? I think its called "rolling" the chain case, right? Isn't it why you want to extend the length of the track? To get a bigger lug height under you

HERE IS THE LINK

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i got a 1 inch track on it atm and the 136 is a inch also but has studs so would i still have to do all the rolling and ewhatever u said?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
well i got a 1 inch track on it atm and the 136 is a inch also but has studs so would i still have to do all the rolling and ewhatever u said?[/b]
You can get a 1 1/4 inch lug in that sled with no problems other than taking the tunnel ware strips out.
(I have a 97 XLT SP with a 1 1/4 in it)
A 136 x 1 inch track will fit just fine with out rolling the Chain Case.
Rail extentions and tunnel extention is all that is needed. With a 1 inch lug you could probibly even keep the same gearing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok sweet so ill only have to pay pretty much 115 or 105 or whatever for rail extensions plus new hyfax so they fit all the way and thats it? cause i can have the tunnel extension fabricated for free or little cost from a friend

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
well i got a 1 inch track on it atm and the 136 is a inch also but has studs so would i still have to do all the rolling and ewhatever u said?[/b]
that sled will clear a 1.5" track without even changing the drivers. you can clear a 2" with swapping to 8 tooth drivers. you need to remove the tunnel protectors or knotch the track for the bigger lugs.

to clear a 1", nothing is needed just bolt in and go.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
ok sweet im hoping to be able to do this to my sled will it lose power off the start? like be really noticable?[/b]
you won't really notice any power loss. i would gear down one tooth on the top sprocket to give yourself a little better low end. if you step up and go 1.5" lug, the gear down is necessary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts