Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
OK we get it you are not a fan of the ZR 7000/Viper. Lets move on, the deed is done and he pulled the trigger, so lets provide tips to help the dude make sure they get the most enjoyment out of the sled come next season. And like he says, if they don't like it they will sell it.
there will always be haters and those that need to bash things they don't like
don't let it ruin your new sled for you, , if this sled was SO bad, they wouldn;t still be making it and there wouldn;t be suck a loyal following by those that DO LIKE it!
sleds in general are more about how you take care of them and ride them, more than "X" model or make
like it or not there are folks that have GREAT luck with every model and some that's sadly don't.

and those that DON"T always seem to bitch the loudest and feel a need to tell everyone about there BAD experience as if everyone "X" like there's is a ticking time bomb, when facts are, very few are!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
also, do some research on the upgraded water proof relays, there cheap and worth either adding, or having on hand if ever needed!
can also look at the fuse box re locator option/idea's
the fuse box was one of my biggest complaints on my XF7000, just a DUMB place to put it, and too hard to get to trail side if ever needed
I had a electric shield wired thru the factory 2 sae connection, and the male end of shield cord grounded out by accident when I had it come undone
when it tripped the fuse(of course at night far from home LOL)
it blew out the tail lights and all dash lights, as on same electrical fuse/system!
making it rather dangerous for riders coming up behind me and no tail light
after that I rewired the electric shield to the battery with its own inline fuse, so if ever needed , way easier to get to fuse to replace!

so, food for thought if plans to use a E shield helmet!

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
339 Posts
Even with a bunch of clutch work they are still tanks. We did a bunch to ours and it ran mint and it was ok. My dads buddy that went way on beyond clutch work on and wanted to run my 14rr. Well my 14rr made it look silly. His older apex ran better. He now has a boosted winder that owns all. My dad got rid of is 7000 for a 800 Indy because they are that much better. The 7000 cat is a shitty snowmobile. I put miles on one. It sucks
Seriously man use your inside voice, mister no filter. There are issues with the 6000 (piston skirts blowing up) (8000 starting on FIRE) to name a few. Send some love to a fellow Cat owner.....relax Francis. o_O
I love my wifes 6000 two stroke but no sled is without issues. As long as we are on the trails riding who really gives a rat's behind what model of Cat our butts are on....move on and enjoy your ride. I personally will never disrespect what you spend your hard earned money on so give the same respect for us that ride something different....just sayin

·
Registered
304 Posts
I bought a 2017 for my wife and it was a great sled, put 6000 miles on it, original belt still. 100% completely stock, and was a solid runner. Went in a hill climb race in the 600 class, raced 2 nytro's, 2 new 600 XRS, 2 polaris 600's, won the whole thing. Very solid sled, comes out of the whole very quick, up to 70 very quick, then slowly climbs after that. Yes a little heavy in the front, but turn key, gas and go. You will like the sled, enjoy. We replaced that sled with a 2021 6000, my wife likes it better as it's lighter, very smooth, nice sled. Can't get the clutching to work properly on it yet though, everything else is nice on it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I love snowmobiles . but now cats the most . we know things could be better , but is there really a way to make a better chassis ? i'm so ready to see what the next big thing will be from anyone if it's possible. seems every year the other brands become more cat like to me . other than cool movie screens i don't watch my gauge l watch were i'm going . woah nelly

·
Registered
757 Posts
can also look at the fuse box re locator option/idea's
the fuse box was one of my biggest complaints on my XF7000, just a DUMB place to put it, and too hard to get to trail side if ever needed.
Fuse box relocate was super easy to do as I had enough slack in the cable harness and the ground wire to not have to splice any extra wire length in. I screwed up and had to redrill the mounting holes a bit further back up the belt shield as it was hitting the vent on the side panel when closed, so test fit that before final mounting. Took almost as much time to remove the tiny nuts and bolts from the existing mount on the coolant tank.
Fuse Box Relocate.JPG

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am not a 4 stroke fan, but the 7000 is a fantastic sled. Most people do not ride like Greg. He is balls to the wall all day. That just does not interest me anymore.
Like you "balls to the wall" is in my pass now but on occasion I have ripped down a bumpy trail at high speeds when it is clear sailing and have never felt the extra weight being a issue with my 7000. To be honest I feel more comfortable on the heavier 7000 than I do I my wife's light weight 6000 ripping on bumpy trails. But as mentioned it doesn't happen that often anymore. I have absolutely no issues with either sled, they both are great sleds to ride and am happy to have them. Personally, I like to have the option to ride a 4 stroke or a 2 stroke when I go on "boy's only" trips and they both share equal time.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Yuppers, a heavier sled is a plus with alot of my trail running these days.

I just feel better "planted" on my 4 stroke.

Enjoy the new toy.

Jeff B In Maine

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice looking sleds Jeff. I love the high wind shields, must be warmer riding with those

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
Got a couple buddies riding 7000's in different variants, XF, crosstrek, Pantera, XT etc. Yet to hear much horror stories. Guy with the crosstrek is on the heavy side, mangaged to crack his tunnel. Fixed on warranty.
Cant comment much on the 7000 myself, only ridden them on a late demo ride on soft spring snow. It doesnt show much what a sled is capaple of or not.

Funny thing, ppl I know with Vipers seems less happy with their sleds than the 7000 riders. Sounds like the cats just got a better baseline setup making them handle better out of the box..?

Reactions: vmax 700

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Nice looking sleds Jeff. I love the high wind shields, must be warmer riding with those
Thanks.

Yes mid season the tall windshields are uglier yet much more comfortable.

Older now, we're going for comfort over looks these days.

Spring riding, I swap em out for the last ride or two.
Yeah, we're posers these days.

Jeff B In Maine

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I still have the 11" black wind shields on both my 6000 and 7000. They do help a bit on cold windy days but not a lot. I bought handle bar muffs and they work great but are not easy to work the controls,
Looking into FXR heated gloves for next season
Sorry to the OP for getting off topic...congrats on your new purchase!!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I wish more makers put out promo videos like them

when that one came out Yamaha sent dvd's to random possible customers, I laughed my ass off when I watched it the first time, and coudn;t believe they were sending them out as they did!
it turned into a series of them for Yamaha, but IMO< these two we re the best!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts