Hardcore Sledder banner

xenon headlight

602 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PolarisNut 
#1 ·
Anyone try these their $12 and i was wondering if there any brighter or if they cause problems

#4 ·
Yellow light actually allows you to see better in a lot of conditions...especially ones you'd encounter with a sled. No, it doesnt look as cool. Those blue xenon bulbs actually use a filter to filter out all but the blue light, so you actually lose intensity and have to up the wattage.

#6 ·
those blue lamps dont help you see any better! they then to make every thing look gray, and if your think about it the dips in the trail look gray .... so it doesnt help at all with depth perseption! I am running 1 oem 55 watt lamp and 1 yellow 100 watt lamp , this seams to work slightly better on foggy days! havent had any problems due to high wattage , not 100 % sure they are high wattage on low beam. I got the lamps right from polaris .

#7 ·
Originally posted by xc-mark@Oct 1 2005, 11:52 AM
those blue lamps dont help you see any better! they then to make every thing look gray, and if your think about it the dips in the trail look gray .... so it doesnt help at all with depth perseption!  I am running 1 oem 55 watt lamp and 1 yellow 100 watt lamp , this seams to work slightly better on foggy days!  havent had any problems due to high wattage , not 100 % sure they are high wattage on low beam. I got the lamps right from polaris .
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902580
[/quote]

I've actually considered this myself as yellow does help you see contrasts better...thats why they make yellow shades for rifle scopes. They make a big difference in the woods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.